1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

HotU - Beholder Caves, lower ruins problem

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Death Rabbit, Dec 27, 2003.

1. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Spoiler-licious.
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Maybe I'm thick, but I'm just not getting anywhere in the lower ruins. I can't beat the spider demon, or find any way to restore magical power in this level. If I go back up I get my ass handed to me by the Beholder Tyrant, and if I stay below UI get my ass handed to me by the Spider Demon. The only damage I can seem to do to the spider demon is with grenades (acid works best), but I can't seem to get more than 1 or 2 bombs off before it gets within melee range, where he procedes to bash me silly and remove my armor.

Help me Help me Help me Help me Help me Help me .

Please. :mommy:

2. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

Earlier in the ruins there should be a machine that casts spells on request. Get it to cast knock, and the door next to it will open, leading to the way to turn magic back on.

That spider thing was tough - I was attempting it without magic. :) It took a long time, because only criticals could hurt it. Choking powder worked wonders.

3. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I did see that room. I couldn't get the device to open the door without it blowing up on me. I guess my lore and spellcraft were both too low to decipher it, because it said "success not possible" when I tried each. Is there a specific or different way to do that?

4. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

don't forget that the Bebilith is too big to fit in the corridors around the room its in. If you have a good missle weapon you can pelt it safely... also, you can just run past the demon into the room with the anti-magic machine.

5. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Thanks ArtE. Had to drop all my excess items to not be slowed down, and both Nythaara and Deekin were slaughtered by the demon, but I ran past him and turned off the obelisk. Once I had my mojo back, the b*tch went down in like 4 hits. Then up to the eye tyrant. IMO, of all the underdark pre-envasion quests, this one was the hardest. The Dracolich was gravy compared. At least for me. Beholders suck.

6. Nazgul Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hehehe.

I have seen dracoliches that could eat the one in the HOU game for lunch. One of the main dracoliches on the PW I play can barely be hurt by spells, is a CR of 75 (this was before HOU). But it took a party of about 10 PC's to bring the thing down. They scripted it to summon other creatures in, to cast spells, breath weapon, then to use melee. NASTY!!!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.