1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

HOT!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Barmy Army, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    33 degrees in my town today. And it's as close as hell.
    What is this, I thought this was England?

It's absolutely bloody mafting in our office. All the windows are open and every fan we own is on full blast, but it's making about as much difference as a Sven Goran Eriksson substitution.

I love summer, love the sun and hot weather (girls in skimpy clothing, yum), but cannot hack humidity.

2. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I understand you completely. I cannot stand temperature over 25 degrees Celsius, be it dry or humid.

3. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I was quite surprised when temperatures nearly reached the 30's in Dublin... The thing is that your buildings are mostly designed to keep the warmth in. Also, when it gets a little too warm your milky white skin can't take it. :p

Ach, you should have been born in the South of Spain, "enjoying" maximum temperatures of over 40 degrees Celsius in the middle of August, or near 50 in Madrid due to all the concrete and lack of breeze and parks. That's why we have siestas, it's too bloody hot to do any work at midday!

(It's the national excuse, and I stick to it.)

[ July 05, 2006, 02:21: Message edited by: Colthrun ]

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yeah, summer in England can be unbearable, strangely enough. Although the winter is not too much fun either.

It's about 7 degrees here this morning. No frost this week, but you still need a coat if you're out early.

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I hear ya, Barmy. 31 here today.

Days such as today make me feel like moving in Russia.

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I totaly understand you, temperatures over 25 Celcius should be banned and deemed heretic. They are TEH EVIL!!!!

7. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Ive been enjoying the recent heatwave, been playing football for about 4-5 hours every night, im very sunburnt though :( . As for the humidity i dont mind it so much as its just an excuse to wear as least clothing as possible but it makes it hard to sleep at times with it being hard to get comfortable, especially with this damn sunburn.

8. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    34 °C and *not* enjoying it.

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It's been around 20-27 Celsius in Newfoundland the last week or so.

When these poor dopes complain about how hot it is, I just shake my head and evily wish them to Iowa in July. :evil: 90-100 Fareheit with 90% humidity; they'd melt! I miss the heat. It kept my feet warm and snuggly for the summer.

10. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

About 76F here, but I have central air so it is lovely at my PC.

11. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Do Americans still deal in fahrenheit?

12. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I like 24C, but not at midnight like the coming one. This night is gonna be hot, sleepless and sweaty, in a bad way.
    I am more addapted to cold, I guess. I like warm days, sure, but this is too much for me.

13. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Everybody is always complaining about the weather; either it's too cold or too warm. I can handle the heat much better than the cold weather. It would have been nicer if it was like five degrees cooler, but I rather have 30 degrees than 10.

The downside of course is that it's 28 degrees in my bedroom, and I find myself posting on a message in the middle in the night, but I can life with that.

14. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    In the 90's here, but the pool takes care of that.

BA - you betcha - we don't do metrics or celcius.

15. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    You *do* know we're in the 21th century right? :shake:

Actualy *I* rather have 10 rather than 30. I prefer cold over heat.

16. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

So do I. I prefer freezing my arse all year round.

17. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I got 2 words for ya:

Cental Air!

That means that when it gets too hot out there, I can come in and play Morrowind in comfort.

18. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31

And then you get a cold in the middle of summer...

19. Sydax Gems: 19/31

36C and is not even noon, we'll have 40 by nap time...

20. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Scorchio in Belfast, which means I can enjoy some quality times in the mountains drinking potchine :beer:

You prefer to be 'Grim and Frostbitten' DotW?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.