1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Honour Crimes

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Silvery, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
  2. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    One of these days, the Pope is going to have to get those crazy Catholics under control.

3. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

We had a case here in Canada where an Afghani family killed 2 of their daughters. The girls were not following Afghan traditions.

The West has got to take a stand and stop making excuses for the people who do this. Muslims have got to stop kidding themselves and recognize that a significant portion of their membership is actually involved in this sort of nonsense. The moderates need to condemn these killings, and we, their neighbors in the democratic West, need to support the moderates when they speak out, not listen to the multicultural relativists who are running the biggest con job in the world.

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    To be fair and I know this is said many times but this is not a Muslim thing. Christians from that part of the world behave pretty much the same. Hell, if anything it is a religious thing and conservative thing. Ask any young woman in a strongly religious and conservative household and see how free she is. Now, people from the middle east and other poor countries are often very very conservative and religious and the idea that the family honour rests solely between the legs of their daughters is strong.

5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Regardless of the reason (Culture, religion, whatever) that these things are done, it should not be happening

6. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    No - it's more important that it's right wing liberals! :p

7. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

The old truth of "all [religious fanatic] zealots should be killed on sight" still applies. Regardless whether they're muslim, christian or anything else.

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Being an idiot who will kill a woman for being raped has nothing to do with religion. Not even with Islam (which any literate Muslim should know), which I say without being a fan of that one.

Or with honour. It takes a total ***** to perform that kind of killing.

But I would include abortion in case of rape as a subtype of "honour killing" (where an innocent person is killed to avenge the crime of another), something the libs would love to fry me for.

9. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Perhaps, but such a conviction is logically consistent with your beliefs, which is more than we can say about those who accept honor killings.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.