1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Homework You Despise

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Compulsive Dementia, May 6, 2003.

1. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

What kind of homework do you despise the most? I think my math homework is the hardest, but I've really got to say that history homework I hate. First of all, the assignments are tedious and extremely uniteresting, and, no offense to any history teachers ( ;) ) but I don't see how that knowledge beyond a basic understanding helps me, who planes to go into physics.

2. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I am no history teacher. As I was in school, I hated my homework and boycotted it half of the time. But, beeing biased because I acutally love history, rudimentary knowledge of history is necessary for anyones life.

1. Generally it is interesting study of the human nature.

2. Some important facts, that are necessary to know, like the civil-liberties-bill from 1965 (hope I am not mistaken in name and year).

3. It saves you from getting fooled. History supplies you with the needed facts. Some people may tell weird stuff, based on wrong assumptions. Wrong assumptions lead to wrong conclusions. Wrong conclusions lead to mistakes. For example, it is important to understand, how some wrong believes could have come into existence. Why they became trendy. Why was it suddenly to late to do something against it ?

4.He who forgets is destined to remember.

He, he, I hated physics and chemics, but I still no that H2CO3 makes coke to coke and that light is bend by gravitation.

3. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] I hate biology homework. Mainly because i have the most inept bilogy teacher ever invented. He has spent the past 3 months teaching us 1 thing about genetics, and it's wrong. "Pink flowers are impossible" no they are not!!!! He is such a @@@'#@#@@@!!!!!!!

On actual difficulty, rather than annoyance, it would have to be spanish. I just find it soooooooooo hard to do!

Maths on the other hand is a synch :happy:

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I had to write down new vocabulary (or used rarely or very long ago) for each Latin class. IIRC I did that myself three times, but I always had that :shake: She knew that. She knew that all the time. Told me after the final exams.

But I hated maths homework more. Sometimes it was three or four hours of solving silly problems or an hour of menial work in shape of a hundred equations that all looked the same or line by line trigonometry.

I also didn't like history semestral essays. I had to get drunk to just sit in front of my screen and type in the mellifluous streams of my infinite creativity for no sane purpose. But it was only once per semester.

[ May 07, 2003, 16:39: Message edited by: chevalier ]

5. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

[​IMG] I stopped doing homework a few months ago, when I started getting serious coursework deadlines, and nowadays I simply revise all the time. :( Alas.

As for the worst... had to be geography. Answer the questions on the sheet. Every. Single. Week. :mad:

6. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

My Latin homework ! :mad: !
    It's terrible to work on a text and having to look up almost every second word in the dictionary :mad:

7. GabrielNYC Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Graphic Designer students would probably know what I'm talking about..

Typography and the history of Typography.

God, such a boring ass subject. Maybe it was my teacher but I remember falling asleep in that class alot. Who CARES how a type font came to be. Who CARES about the right size and the like. Just eyeball the damn letter as you enlarge and decrease...

Another subject was physics. I took that back in the 90s when I was in college. GAWD... I always ended up breaking the experiment or nothing happened. There was one good thing though. My teacher was a HUGE trekkie. Made physics references in the tests etc.

8. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Latin homework was especially boring, but the worst thing was those stupid Caesar-like phrases we had to translate to Dutch almost every day.

Oh, and, Compulsive Dementia, physics is hard but it sure is interesting, go for it!

9. Volsung Gems: 14/31

I HATE MATHS. It's funny because my father is a Maths teacher :) .
    I LOVE HISTORY. This is my favorite subject. Maybe because we have a very good teacher.
    I like physics. It's weird because I never liked this subject.

10. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

When I was a student, I hated repetitive math homework -- 10 questions correctly answered tells me that I have the concept down pat, I didn't need to do 30 more after that! Funny thing is, I loved math, I just hated useless, pointless repetition.

As a teacher, I hate MARKING homework! Especially the garbage that some kids hand in. Death to lazy little buggers!

11. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hahaha, deepaara, that is exactly my problem in math. However, I still think its better then histroy, but hey.

12. Iago Gems: 24/31

He, he, I forgot. There was acutally one thing at school I liked: Writing an essay. Obviously, for an essay, neither homework nor preparation is necessary. Hence an essay is the best way to kill boring school time. Now, since they kicked me out of school (or did they let me leave ?), whatever, I miss essay-writing. Therefore I am terrorizing now the Internet.

13. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I hate math homework. We are doing algebraeic(SP)equations which are really easy, but we have to do like 50 of them a night. Its very tedious.

14. Hephaestus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I hate any kind of definition homework.

15. Charlie Gems: 14/31

My problem with homework was that I always did it at the last possible moment. Sigh! I wish I had better study habits. Interstingly enough though, when I see my brother's homework I realize that homework is easy. Also it beats having to work five or six days a week and paying all the bills.

I know what you mean. Some of my students turn in homework that were obviously done right before class.

16. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

First of all, how many teachers are here? Nearly every second person seems to be a teacher.
    Anyway back to the topic on hand.
    Homework i most despise?
    That would probably be geography. I find it so bloody easy, but that doesn't stop my teacher giving me countless hours of homework each night. I don't see whats so bad about either history or maths. History i find really really interesting and then maths is just the easiest subject ever and 30 equations a night or what ever, a "fun" way to spend the night :) .
    The hardest homework would certainly be english. I hate writing poems, spelling of any sort, and all the books we ever get are really boring and bloody short ones which don't actully have time to develop a good story.

17. rastilin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

What subjects are enjoyed the mosrt seems to depend on the competence of the teacher. To give you an idea, when we're in assembly our teachers look over us like cattle, you can feel the contempt in their eyes. It's rather hard to feel anything other than total hate twards a person who treats you like that.

I dislike all homework equally though if I had to choose I'd select maths, there's nothing new there and it seems we go over the old stuff every year. There's no point in talking if you can't get the student's attention.

18. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Physics lab homeworks are rather annoying.

1) First the necessary measurements are done in teams of four.
    2) Then someone makes a report of the job.
    3) And someone makes the homework (This time it´s me)
    4) I go home, happily starting to making calculations, then I notice that we missed one, obviously important measurement, and I cannot complete my homeworks. So, I will just :bang: until we get the necessary values out of somewhere, and the deadline is somewhere... oh, tomorrow?

[ May 07, 2003, 17:30: Message edited by: Virne ]

19. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

[​IMG] I hate all kinds of homework, so i save my teacher's time and nerves by not doing any.

20. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

for homework, i hate projects of any kind. They are long, you have to be origina can come out with something new.

i like history. i can just copy from book, no thinking required. Even history test is easy, just memorize all the s**t, no thinking required too.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.