1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Hollywood's first extreme metal soundtrack

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Tassadar, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Got this from the Bloodbath website. There are some killer cuts on this soundtrack, if I may say so myself!

January 2nd, 2005 -- Bloodbath to be featured on movie soundtrack
    Bloodbath will be featured on 'Alone in the Dark', the original motion picture soundtrack inspired and from the movie. 'Alone in the Dark' is based on the best-selling Atari video game series of the same name. It is important to know that this is a very especial release considering the fact that it’s the first time a Hollywood production receives an all Extreme Metal soundtrack!!

Edward Carnby (Christian Slater) is a private investigator specializing in unexplainable supernatural phenomena. His cases delve into the dark corners of the world, searching for truth in the occult remnants of the ancient civilizations. Now, the greatest mystery of his past is about to become the most dangerous case he has ever faced. With the help of his ex-flame, archeologist Aline Cedrac (Tara Reid), and his bitter rival, government agent Richard Burke (Stephen Dorff), Edward Carnby is about to learn that just because you don’t believe in something, that doesn’t mean it can’t kill you.

There will be two different version of the soundtrack, one for European territories and the American version. Here are both tracklists:

American Version:

Disc 1

Dimmu Borgir—Vredesbyrd
    Shadows Fall- What Drives The Weak
    Fear Factory—Cyberwaste
    In Flames—Touch Of Red
    Strapping Young Lad –Devour
    Agnostic Front—Peace
    God Forbid – Gone Forever
    Chimaira – Down Again
    Dark Tranquillity—Lost To Apathy
    Exodus—Blacklist
    Machine Head—Imperium
    Soilwork—Stabbing the drama
    Lacuna Coil –Daylight Dancer
    Dillinger Escape Plan Panasonic Youth
    Meshuggah—Rational Gaze
    Nightwish –Wish I Had An Angel
    Cradle Of Filth—Mother Of Abominations

Disc 2

Arch Enemy—Dead Eyes See No Future
    Death Angel—The Devil Incarnate
    Diecast –Medieval
    Fireball Ministry – Daughter Of The Damned
    Heaven Shall Burn-The Weapon They Fear
    Hypocrisy-eraser
    Mastodon—Blood And Thunder
    Misery Index—The Great Depression
    Mnemic—Ghost(radio edit)
    Dew-Scented---Slaughtervain
    Suffocation –Souls To Deny
    Raunchy—Watch Out
    Kataklysm—As I Slither
    Bloodbath—Outnumbering The Day
    All Shall Perish—Deconstruction
    Bleed The Sky—Minion
    Samael—On Earth
    Dying Fetus-- One Shot, One Kill
    The Haunted—99

European Version:

Disc 1

Nightwish—Wish I Had An Angel
    Dimmu Borgir—Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse
    Lacuna Coil---Daylight Dancer
    Deathstars---Synthetic Generation
    Soilwork---Stabbing The Drama
    The Haunted---All Against All
    In Flames---The Quiet Place
    Strapping Young Lad---Devour
    Agnostic Front---Peace
    Chimaira---Down Again
    Shadows Fall---What Drives The Weak
    Exodus---Blacklist
    Machine Head---Imperium
    Death Angel---The Devil Incarnate
    Apocalyptica---Cohkka
    Cradle Of Filth---Mother Of Abominations
    Hypocrisy---Deathrow (No Regrets)

Disc 2

Mnemic---Ghost (Radio Edit)
    Agathodaimon---Alone In The Dark (Exclusive track)
    Anthrax---What Doesn’t Die
    Nevermore---Enemies Of Reality
    Disbelief---Floating On High
    Arch Enemy---Dead Eyes (See No Future)
    Dark Tranquillity---Lost To Apathy
    Meshuggah---Rational Gaze
    Napalm Death---Troops Of Doom
    Misery Index---The Great Depression
    Heaven Shall Burn—They Weapon They Fear
    God Forbid---Gone Forever
    Bleed The Sky---Killtank
    Diecast---Medieval
    All Shall Perish---Deconstruction
    Into Eternity---Spiraling Into Depression
    Bloodbath---Outnumbering The Day
    Kataklysm---As I Slither
    Dew-Scented---Cities Of The Dead
    Angelzoom---Piece Of Mind (Edit Version)

2. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

That is so friggin' nice;)

About time though....

3. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

With all the horror movies out there one would think it would have happened sooner, but then again classical music takes a lot of room in many such films. "Carmina burana o fortuna" comes to mind, though I've forgot which movies it was featured in, The Omen is one of them I believe.
    Never heard reggae in a horror movie though? Wonder why? :D

4. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Damn I think the american version is much better then the european. Is there a way to get the american one in europe, and that is withoud creditcard...

5. Laertis Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Wow...there's quite a song collection. Hope the movie is worthy of such a soundtrack.

EDIT: Tara Reid :heh:

6. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Wow, there actually are two good songs on that! It's a step in the right direction though. :p

7. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Yes, so nice, congratulations!! Extreme metal just became a popular music, get ready for the XTREAM METL(tm) boybands set up to suck your wallets dry, what Avril Lavrigne did to Punk, and nu-metal(Linkin Park) did to Metal, those boy-bands will do to extreme metal :lol:

Just proves that nobody can escape from the mighty coorporations :grin:
    If you find a music style you like, that hasn't been bombarded to 'popular music', keep that hidden, so nobody will cheapen it.

8. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The movie is directed by Uwe Bol it's going to be complete garbage.

9. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Nice music, too bad the movie sucks.. :sosad:

10. Shalladeth Is it ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don'

Holy crap...Agnostic Front is on there? I haven't heard them in 15 years! That was back in my Minor Threat, Odd Man Out, Corrosion of Conformity days! Though not a huge fan of this type of music (I do love Lacuna Coil), this sounds like it might be a good CD set.
    Morgoth, I think it'll still be awhile before we see any of these bands' videos popping up right after Avril on MTV. :) It'd be kinda funny to see how the corporate screws would market this to the masses. They could have their own reality TV show...Making the Metal Band...hosted by Dee Snyder. :rolleyes:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.