1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Hillary Makes it Official

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Chandos the Red, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Yep, we all knew it was coming but there is is:

This will be an interesting race, especially if it is a Clinton/Obama ticket. Personally, I'm still pulling for Al Gore, but as soon as Hillary annouced, my mail box had an "Al Gore Meetup" from those who are trying to draft him into the race. There seemed a bit of desperation in it, coming so close on Hillary's annoucement. On the democratic side, I think she is unstoppable at this point. Al had his chance a while back, when his movie was doing well, and people were taking note of what he was up to. Now it appears he has faded into the backgorund and it's all about the Hillary/Obama show - or showdown.

It is interesting that this week saw the annoucement of several of the largest and most conservative companies in the country asking Bush to take global warming seriously - Fat chance, the guy is as stubborn as a mule once he decides on anything. :rolleyes: As a sidenote - I just happened to see a new calendar at the bookstore the other day, which was a "Two-year Countdown" for when Bush leaves office. It won't be soon enough, IMO.

For those who are interested in the numbers game, they stackup quite well for Hillary, who is supposed to be the polarizing and much hated figure in the upcoming election. Suprise! she's doing about as well as everyone else.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

This was news in New Zealand a few days ago and everyone scoffed at me for suggesting it.

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I think that she may end up encouraging people who do not like her to get out and vote. If she is the Democratic candidate for President and McCain the Republican one I would vote for McCain.

Clinton vs Giuliani - Clinton would have the edge for me.

I foresee a very dirty campaign on both sides. Mud slinging will obscure any issues.

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

From the little that I've picked up on her - I hope she doesn't get in. To me it sounds like she wants a nanny state (though maybe she just holds a grudge against video games for some reason ... meh).

5. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

IMO, worst democrat is better then the best republican

6. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

**** her, go Obama/Feingold!

7. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Her nomination almost gurantees another Republican victory. She is a lightning rod for people to despise. I don't believe she has any ability to sway conservative voters to her side and she may not even be able to sway the uber liberals to her side.

8. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    From what I have seen of he she seems like an "ultra-politician" with no ideals or visions of her own. She just jumps on bandwagons and tries to do what is popular for the time being. I also seriously dislike this general pandering for conservative crowds most "liberal" American politics do. Stand for your politics and be proud of them, and dont betray your base.

9. Register Gems: 29/31

Joacqin, I think you should read a bit about Obama and Feingold then. I am not a fan of politicans, but those two really are stand-up personas.

10. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

Finland's current president is a female and was mostly elected because she was the first female offered to the job. I believe this will become an issue in US too.

11. Dengo Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Bah. We had a female prime minister once. She really ****ed our country. A black president maybe good. I hope whoever becomes the new president of USA chooses more peaceful ways to solve problems (and actually solves them instead of creating new problems for all the world).

I don't know who is the worst democrat or who is the best republican but IMO even a donkey would be a better president than Bush.

12. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Problem is, once you get off the coasts, the US voter mentality just won't be able to handle either a woman or a black man as president. It would probably be different if the majority of eligible younger people actually voted, but very few do.

Now then, Bill Richardson of New Mexico is considering tossing his hat in the ring. That may work.

13. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I'd personally like to see Edwards/Obama . Obama appeals to notherners and minority voters while Edwards appeals to southern voters and female voters.

14. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Frankly not knowing much about any of the politicians I wouldn't know where to cast my vote. However I'm surprised at the hostile reception Hillary has recieved here, as far as I can see she's a decent woman who has the best asset on the planet in this political race as her husband. For all those people who loved Clinton why not elect the next best thing? Another Clinton.

15. Register Gems: 29/31

Because Clinton was a good and decent man that stood up for his principles.

Hillary is nothing but a buttkissing populist liar.

16. nunsbane

nunsbane

I would love to see Clinton vs. McCain. Add to that race the fact that Bush will certainly be gone and it's a win-win-win situation imo.

17. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

How so exactly? I've heard all these accusations but I have no understanding what they are based upon.

18. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    That's interesting, since we now have a prez who could not care less what the public thinks; nor the rest of the world, nor the generals who run the war - and the same could be said for his contempt for the Congress, and even the Courts, or the Constitution for that matter.

So now there is a woman who is a "buttkissing populist" and a "liar." But did she ever annouce "Mission Accomplished" from the deck of an aircraft carrier? Or did she ever assure us that she "did not have sexual relations with that woman?" But I'm sure Hillary was assured of that much more often in private than the rest of us. I guess my point is that there are enough "liars" to go around in politics. But the idea of someone who actually listens to the public sounds very refreshing.

As for Obama's book - there are two of them. The first one, which he wrote when he was a nobody, and never expected to run for prez, in which he let it "all hang out"; then there is the second one, a much toned-down version of the first, put out there for primetime by someone who thought he may actually get a crack at the job for prez. Politics - gotta love it.

19. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The biggest problem and a huge part of why at least I view her as I do is her support for the Iraq war from the get go and basically carte blanche to the Bush administration when it comes foreign policy. If the Democratic party puts forth someone who thought it was a good idea to invade Iraq then I wonder if there is any hope left.

20. Register Gems: 29/31

What joacqin said.

And CtR, do not in a minute think I consider Bush to be a good person or president. No way. It's just that Clinton is a bitch and everyone knows it, so if she is the Democratic candidate we'll have 8 years more of Neo-Cons in office.

And I say we, because it affects more than the US.

That said, Bill Richardsson is now announcing his run. :)

[Warning pending. -Tal]

[ January 22, 2007, 17:32: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.