1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Henchmen Quests (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by eveningdrive, Jul 9, 2002.

1. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] So far, I've found most of the "quests" of the henchmen available, except for:

- Grimgnaw
    - Daelan Red Tiger
    - Tomi

:hmm:

Any push in the right direction is appreciated.

Thanks! :)

:hippy:

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Daelan's is to find a brooch of his mother's so he can continue his spiritual quest. Keyword: Docks.

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have had Tomi since about the second half of chapter 1 (I'm now in Luskan) and I've only gotten pieces of a story about him and his archnemesis/friend. And it seems like I won't be getting any more out of him until the next chapter because I've levelled a few times and have gotten no new story bits out of him.

4. Relic Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Tomi is looking for some forged papers. They are on a bookshelf in the Beggars Pit area.

I found that with all the henchmen, for levels 3-6, every time I levelled up, all 6 of them would give me more story, until at level 6, they broke down and gave me the quest. Not sure why you can't get it from him.

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hmmm... Maybe I picked him up too late, or didn't ask him about himself until later... Ah well, there's no going back to the Beggar's Nest.

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited July 09, 2002).]

6. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I think Grimgnaw wants a Silver Ring that you can find in No-Mans-Land.

[This message has been edited by Abyssal Knight (edited July 20, 2002).]

7. monkey Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I am stuck on Daelans quest. I know his mother's brooch is in the docks district but I can't find it. Any clues?

8. Tasohan Gems: 10/31

It's in one of the boxes on that pirate boat.

9. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Hmph. I know where Linu's little Artifact is (just listined to parts of her story and check the manual, bingo) and have actually picked it up (before I died), but I'm not gonna go back there until I get that quest from her!

Oh, and I think they tell you more story as the plot advance, not your level. My lvl 5 Sorcerer (yes, now lvl 5) asked her the story BEFORE getting one of the Waterdhavian Creatures, she said "Let's move on", but after I delievered the WHC (Waterdavian Creature) to Lady Aribeth she continued.

And I even have Tomi's quest thingy.

10. Ganz Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] I had Daelan throughout Chapter 1 and towards the end, I had some odds and ends which I didn't know what to do with. Some nice people on this board told me what to do with two of them. So I went to the Trade of Blades building, bought each of their services, asked them to level up, ask for their stories (in this order) and this is what they need in Chapter 1.

Daelan - brooch found in crate on ship at Docks District
    Sharwyn - celestial elixir in Tanglebrook estate in Peninsula District
    Grimgnaw - silver ring
    Linu - goblet
    Boddyknock - leavenbread recipe

I forgot all about Tomi since he was in a different building and went on to Chapter 2. I believe I had the forged papers he wanted but threw it away before going to Helm's Hold.

Besides getting experience points for helping the henchmen, each of them will also give you a magical item. Daelan gave me an amulet with a cryptic message that it can be upgradeable later on. I guess his quest will continue in later chapters but haven't been able to get past beginning of Chapter 2.

I don't remember what others gave but my favourite is Boddyknock's Lantan island ring which provides the wearer with regeneration.

[This message has been edited by Ganz (edited July 10, 2002).]

11. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I have taken the liberty (and pleasure) to hire all the henchmen (I have too much money anyway) and listing to their tales.

WARNING, SPOILERS AHEAD...

Tomi requires the Forged Note in Thomas Wheelwagon Repairs, Begger's Nest. It's on the bookshelf.

Linu requires the Holy Elven Artifact, which could be found at Meldanen's house (I did that...stupid poking around and...oh looky...)

Daelan Red Tiger requires a talisman feather.

Sharwyn requires the Celestial Liquid in Lady Tanglebrook's.

Boddyknock requires the recipe for the levean bread...which I want to acquire.

Grimgnaw...interesting Grimgnaw. I have a strange feeling that his item is...listin to this...RANDOM. My ninja thief dude on my other saved file remembers seeing a "Silver Ring" with the "Marks of a Falcon on it". It was in the City Core, in the house besides Shining Armor. Maybe it was because I killed everyone there (apart from the kid...child abuse?) and that wench is one of them.

--END OF SPOILER--

12. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Out of itnerest, where can I find some Nymph's hair in chapter 2? I need it for Sharwyn. :)

And is the Star of Calimsham in chapter 2 part of a quest for a henchman? Because I found it, and the description says that it is valuable, but I can't find anywhere to sell it to :(.

13. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Try chucking it away and see if it appears in the Divine Pool in the Temple of Tyr.

14. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31

Tomi wants the Star of Calimsham for his Chapter 2 quest.

15. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    What? Damn! So if I didn't do Tomi's chapter 1 quest, I get no quests out of him? I have had that gem for quite a while wondering what it was, and I'm now in chapter 3.

Wildfire, I believe I got a piece of Nymph's Hair in chapter 2 from the Nymph's home in Neverwinter Wood.

16. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Thanks for the helpful replies everyone! :)

I was nearing the end of Chapter 1, and I had a hunch that the henchmen's quests could be finished before the ritual. Because of that, I've been running around Neverwinter with the last reagent (cockatrice feather) to finish the quests before I give the reagent to Aribeth.

:yot: Sabine (Peninsula district commander) is a babe! :love:

:hippy:

17. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I have an idea as to where Boddyknock's recipe should be. See, there's 6 areas in Neverwinter (including No-Man's-Land) and there are 6 NPCs. Daelan's item is in the docks, Sharwyn's item is in the Peninsula, Linu's item is in Blacklake, and (according to that guy above) Grimgnaw's is in No-Man's-Land.
    So I conclude (oh, no! Boddyknock virus) that his item is in the City Core. It's logica...no, never mind. :)

18. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    IIRC the recipe was in a house with a dead chef in the Beggar's Nest.

19. Forashi Guest

Wildfire: You get nymph's hair from the forest east of the town in chapter 2. Just past the druids.

20. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Ah, thanks BTA and Forashi. I had been there, but only talked to the Nymph. After going back and searching through her stuff, I found it :).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.