1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Henchman quests

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Chas, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Chas Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I see that each henchman you can hire has its own 'quest'. That is, they each want an item. When you find it, you can give it to them for a reward. Looks like a new quest each chapter. But, it takes a long time before the henchman will tell the whole story, to allow you to give it the item.

My question is: do they have to spend x amount of time with you before they finish the whole story, or is it x amount of game clock time? What I am getting at is, can you get the reward from more than one each chapter? ie Hire each one near the beginning of a chapter and get the first part of the story. Then pick them up near the end of the chapter and get the final dialog so you can get the reward? PS: Yes I like being cheesy ;)

2. Lost Meme Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

The henchman dialogues depend on what level you're at (I think), so yes, you can pick'em up at the end and do thier quest.

3. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

**Spoiler Alert**

For Chapter 1, you have to be 6th level before you get each henchman's full story and quest reward.

And since you're going for cheese, you can pick each one of them up, get their full story, give them what they need (assuming you have the appropriate item), get rewarded, and dump them--all without leaving the Trade of Blades!

4. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

In your journal, each of hanchman's story ends with saying 'after you get more experience he/she will continue his/her story' (or something like this).

So pick somebody up at the beginning of the chapter and talk to him/her then level up 2 times. after you leveled up talk to each one three times and get reward if you had appropriate items.

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I kept one around until I got the item (I think it took two level-ups), then grabbed the next henchman. I was quite surprised when I got their item after just playing for a short period (we got the item he wanted and *bang* I got his momento).

ET is quite right, I got the bards sash without leaving the Trade of Blades. I just pick up everyone and moved them to the temple (and collected gifts) -- the two dex bonus items ADD!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.