1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help with BG2 Mod Install Order ... serious bugs.

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by ShadowDragoonFTW, Aug 15, 2009.

1. ShadowDragoonFTW Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

So, I've decided to boot up BGII since I haven't played it in about three years or so. Felt like trying out some of the spiffy mods out there and trying the significantly different experience. Well all is said and done, I have about 30 or so mods. I start installing them according to the BGTutu install order I found here (figuring it would be relatively similar in install order). So, I get halfway through before I realize I skipped over some mods I should have installed before others. At that point, I was annoyed, so I ended up just saying "screw the list" and installed them in a semi-random order.

No real problems. Game booted up fine. Started the game. Noticed a handful of the mods (such as Dungeon-Be-Gone) are working perfectly fine. However, a problem quickly arises. My kitless Thief main character is unable to equip +1 Daggers, shortswords, short bows, and a few other Thief-friendly gear. An immediate tip-off that something's wrong, so I boot up Near Infinity to see what I can find out.

Turns out, not only was my kitless Thief outfitted with a kit named "Unknown - 27", but my Xan NPC isn't a Sorcerer as I determined, my Minsc is not a Level 1 Berserker, my PnP Protection Items mod isn't working correctly at all, and a handful of other relatively small annoyances that makes my game not what I wanted it to be.

So, I've come to the conclusion that my install is FUBAR'd. I'm gonna have to spend over an hour un-installing all my mods, then another hour re-installing all of them. Whoo-hoo. The only problem is, I don't know what order to put them in to stop these problems from happening again. I was hoping someone could help me sort out my mods here, as I obviously have trouble doing so. Now, I'm about 98% certain that all the mods are compatible, so no problems there. Here's what I have, in Alphabetical Order:

Ascension WeiDU v1.43
    aTweaks v2.61
    Banter Packs V9
    BG2 Fixpack V8
    BG2 Tweaks V7
    BG2KeepAllBG1ItemsOnImportedCharacter (which didn't work at all...)
    BG2 Improved Tougher Balthazar (which I didn't actually install)
    Cal-Culator v1.04
    Cloakwood Squares v2
    D0 Quest Pack v23
    D0 Tweaks v20
    deArnise Romance V2
    Dungeon-Be-Gone v16
    Dungeon Crawl v4
    eSeries v1.8
    G3 Anniversary Mod v5
    Improved Horns v1.2
    Level 1 NPCs v1.2
    The Longer Road v1.5.1 (which I didn't realize until after trying to install that I couldn't use Redemption with it...)
    MixMod v5
    NPC Tweaks v4
    NPC Flirt Pack v1.02
    Oversight v12
    Redemption v1.2 (Which I guess I can't install, so ignore it)
    Rogue Rebalance V4.21
    Shards of Ice v5
    Song and Silence v4
    Sorcerer's Place Collection v8 (only for the item mods)
    Turnabout v1
    Turnip Golem v1
    Unfinished Business v18
    Virtue v19 (I know this goes dead last)
    Weimer Item Upgrade v37
    Weimer Soulafein Mod v1.03
    Weimer Spell 50 v6
    Weimer Tactics Mod v24
    Weimer Under-Represented Items v5
    Wheels of Prophecy v2
    Xan NPC v8

I know that this is kind of an epic undertaking here, but I'm hoping there's one super-benevolent soul out there who will help me out. Even a little help would be appreciated. I know I have way too many mods, but there are so many useful/interesting/awesome things in each, I just really would love to fit them all in. So, helps please? :thanks:

2. Amdis

Amdis Note to self, claws are not toothpicks

Well i think it would help those that can help if you place your WeiDU log, it should be in your BG2 directory. And i see that you use Rogue rebalance, it requires that certain mods are installed before RB and others after it. You can take a look at this list for that; (If you have not done so already. :) )

http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?showtopic=27171

Now that list does not contain every mod out there, but it is extremely useful none the less.

3. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    IIRC if you pause doing the black screen just as the game starts you can go to your inv and drop all the goodies your imported char has on the ground, and then proceed pick 'em up again when the Irenicus cut-scene has finished.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.