1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help with a movie title!

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by crouton45, Apr 24, 2006.

1. crouton45 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello everybody,

I'm new in this forum and hope I'm posting in the correct place. I am trying to pinpoint the title of a movie I saw as a child, but don't have specific enough information to Google an answer. I'm hoping that somebody here will be able to translate a few fragments of my memory into a movie title so I can go back and watch it again! Please keep in mind that these descriptions are coming from a memory at least 15 years old, so none is totally certain. Here's what I remember:

- Animated, 1980s (presumably)
    - Possibly Japanese, as the animation was slightly crude but in an anime style
    - It took place on an island, and there was at least one child as the main protagonist
    - The evil character wore a robe, and had sorcerer type magical powers
    - Part of it took place in some type of ancient ruins
    - There MIGHT have been a unicorn in the story

Any ideas? Thanks so much for any help you can offer.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I have absolutely no idea on that one, but I am fascinated that you have chosen to ask us this question as your first post on the Boards O' Magick.

We are flattered that you think we might know the answer to something this tough!

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    A Japanese answer to the Smurfs?

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I've suggested that he ask here, since I couldn't help him...

5. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Maybe he should post it in the Movie Scene thread. There seems to be somebody who can guess a movie despite the fact that the clue was an obscure one-liner scene description.

:grin:

6. Chas Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I posted your question at a mail order movie club I belong to, www.greencine.com. This is the first reply:

It sounds suspiciously like the cartoon series Dungeons & Dragons with Willie Aames and Adam Rich from "Eight is Enough" and Donny Most from "Happy Days" as a whiny cavalier.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085011/

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hmm, yes, but:
    a) that's not a movie
    b) the animation wasn't in that Japanese style with the big goggle eyes
    c) there was no evil character in a robe that I was aware of (mostly just a multi-headed dragon).
    d) it didn't really take place on an island.

8. Chas Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

9. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I too have ruled out Dungeons and Dragons as it is in fact a TV series rather than a movie. I was initially thinking of "Flight of the Dragons" but kind'a ruled it out as well as it's not exactly anime style.

10. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It's probably not the Last Unicorn. If it were, I think he'd be more certain about there being a Unicorn in it? :) Besides, iirc, didn't the last Unicorn have an incompetent bumbling magician as a protagonist and an old lady and a red bull as the villains? :/

That show brings back memories :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.