1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help, stuck with Oswald

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by General Ghoul, May 31, 2005.

1. General Ghoul Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Playing with Weimer mod, whick randomizes some treasures. So when Oswald's ship crashes, I don't get the thyrm and diamond. No problem, I add with DK. When I fill the table with all of the requested items and talk to him, he gives the same response, keep looking. The werewolf disciples were wandereing all over the map, maybe I haven't killed them all. Do you need to clear the map before moving on. Or am I stuck here. Luckily I have the auto save at the beginning of the chapter, if I need to start over.

2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I believe you have to kill all the beetles that are attacking the ship first (nevertheless I guess you've done that anyway) perhaps you could check once more if you have gathered all the items. I remember that Oswald requested TWO diamonds... I don't know if this will help.

3. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Man! How did you get that far even with that particular mod component?
    Anyway, try putting two diamonds on the table and see if it then works. At any rate, when you put all the required components on that table (including recipe book) they will simply vanish away in a flash and the mend starts. It doesn't matter if Oswalds says anything or not.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I don't know if DKing the items changes anything or not. Usually you can't get all the ingredients until you've done most of that level so I'm not sure what happens if you stick all the stuff on the table before you've done everything else (like take on the Aurilites etc).

5. Shrikant

You need to take on the Aurilites. The Belladona plant is on their leader (the guy standing on the bridge) and the patch makes it un-pickable. Leaving the werewolf clan for later, or even the yeti, should not create any problems.
    I never kill the greater werewolf till the end of that chapter and there never were any problems.

6. General Ghoul Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Replayed this level, took out all the werewolves first. Then finished the druids, but still stuck w/Oswald. I may have to restart in Ch 1 after removing that part of the mod.
    Shirikant, you seem most knowledgable in this forum. I did take out the druids both times, even experimented with negotiating with them. Had no problems with mod up to this point. Small changes in treasure you receive, some quite nice. Always seem to get all needed items except guy in bar did not sell Braugh potion for the sick guy in the tent, but the girl who sells scrols sold it to me. So I have been able to complete all quest up to now. The mod is good, I like getting 20 grease scrolls or 10 gems for the cash this early in the game, but if I can't go on, I'll have to disable it and try again.

7. Shrikant

:lol: Thanks General Ghoul. Its probably because I spam too often :grin:

As far as the mod goes, you are one very lucky man if you have managed to reach this far with that component installed. The Braehg potion is the first stumbling block and no one had yet managed to get another in Targos. Still, if you dont seem to be having problems with it, cool.

I really dont get where the problem lies in your game (neglecting the mod for now). The only item of interest I found in Dale keeper were the wood.
    40GENWP : Wood Pile
    21GENWP : Wood Planks
    As you can see there are two types here. While it doesn't make any difference afaik, you still might want to try consoling one each and putting them on the table.
    Other than that, try putting as many possible types of iron on the table: 00MISC18, 00MISC19, 00MISC20, 00MISC21, 00MISC22. Might as well throw in a longsword - 00SWDL01.

If this is a game bug, there might not be much for you to do. If it is a mod bug and you decide to uninstall it, create a seperate save first. Then please remove ALL items from ALL your charecters. The unshuffled items will look mighty strange. I have ended up not being able to load a game, or even edit it, since there were combinations such as crossbows on my feet and rings as my sheild :rolleyes:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.