1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help needed with Shangalar

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by October, Jul 13, 2003.

1. October Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm in weird room in Bridge District with Shangalar and the other monsters, and I'm dying constantly.

Usually I use "search", but some kind of error occurs in this week - "This Program is not responding". Can somebody help me with link or give an advice, please.

Or is there possibility that I can't win this battle with my party:

Sorcerer level 13
    Sir Anomen lvl 12/7
    Keldorn lvl 11
    Minsk lvl 11
    Jaheira lvl 10/12
    Yoshimo lvl 15

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] ah. Well, Shangalar is part of the twisted rune, and is a high level encounter, usually meant for after the underdark. I'd keep the rogue stone and wait to you've levelled :heh:

3. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I usually do The Twisted Rune (and Kangaxx) right before leaving for Spellhold - by then your party should be strong enough...

Here's what you do:
    Beef your front liners up with haste, defensive harmony, death ward, prot. from evil etc. Activate the fight and retreat back to the first room (where Shangalar appears) - and try to take them on a few at a time.

Shangalar:
    Cast True Sight with Keldorn. And just go at him in regular melee - Keldorn should wield Carsomyr and Minsc the Mace of Disruption +2. Carsomyr (and True Sight) will dispel Shangalar's combat protections and the MoD will destroy (instant death!) him pretty soon... And use your spell casters as back up to take down his defenses (fx Breach). You may have to retry a few times.

When Shangalar is down the rest should be easier. Give the Amulet of Power to Anomen (or Jaheira) and have him fight the vampire along with Minsc - both should be protected from level drain that way.

Try to avoid fighting the mage in the far left until last - she's pretty easy but can be rather annoying if you're busy with the rest of the Rune (Keldorn can pretty much take her down solo with Carsomyr).

I hope this helps - if not, write back...

4. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31

when you enter twisted rune's lair you spawn in a vestibule. open the door behind you and place your chars except yoshimo as far to the left end as you can. yoshi should lay all traps he has in the vestibule and then enter the main room and talk to shangalar. finish the dialogue and fall back to your party as quick as you can. shangalar teleports into the vestibule and should be dead at this point or will die next round from trap damage. try to pick out the rest of the twisties solitary and kill them. normal anti-lich tactic with summons should work vs. layenne.

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  6. October Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Thank you for help :) , but where I get Carsomyr and Mace of Disruption.

7. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31

*SPOILERS*

You find Carsomyr after defeating Firkragg (the red dragon under the temple ruins in the Windspear Hills)...

The Mace of Disruption + 1 is in Bodhi's lair in the Graveyard District - Cromwell can upgrade it if you have some Illithium ore (found during sculpture quest)...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.