1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help in HoW!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by math0ne, Mar 4, 2005.

1. math0ne Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Basically after Gloomfrost after i got back to the barbarian camp during the fight i somehow got Hjollder mad at me. Unfortunatly i dont have any saves that are in HoW other than my quicksave (i know, i know.) I realize that i'm probobly not going to be able to finish HoW, but is there any way for me to get back to the main game at all. I'm desperate!

Is it possibly to edit my save game to have me back in the main IWD area or anything?

thankx

2. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Kuldahar's area code is 2100, so you can cheat to go there if things get to this.

3. math0ne Gems: 1/31

Awesome! Thats just the info i'm looking for. I think i'll be able to figure out the cheat stuff. Thankx m8

[edit]

ok, hmm i can't seem to figure out how to use that cheat. I've tried GETYOURCHEATON:Hans(2100); and it doesn't seem to do anything.

Any hints?

[edit]

NeverMind i figured it out...

GETYOURCHEATON:EnableCheatKeys();
    GETYOURCHEATON:MoveToArea("AR2100");

I wonder why that cheat isn't in any of the cheat help files hosted on this site...

Thankx allot for your help again.

[ March 05, 2005, 20:51: Message edited by: math0ne ]

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Uh... because the MoveToArea option never worked in Icewind Dale. How the hell did you get it to work? I tried it myself without HoW installed and it 100% didn't work then. I never bothered to check with HoW installed, but I assumed it doesn't work there either. This is the first time I hear about it actually working for someone.

5. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Well, it works for me too with HOW installed. :eek: I never had use for it, though.. ;)

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Interesting... I'll add it to the list of HoW cheats then. Maybe it's not HoW but patch related though. If someone had the time to to test if it works in IWD sans/with patch, then IWD+HoW, then IWD+HoW+patch, then IWD+HoW+ToTL... Though that's way too many combos for anyone to bother checking, I guess.

7. math0ne Gems: 1/31

Just to note if anyone else has a similar problem when I teleported back to Kulduhar Hjollder was there and not attacky anymore. He sent me to the last level of heart of winter to finish the expansion. I missed some experience from some of the little side quests that become active after the Barbarian camp but really I’m just glad I was able to continue at all!

About the cheat:

I seen it was posted as CHEATERSDOPROSPER:MoveToArea(“AR####”); but it only works with GETYOURCHEATON:MoveToArea(“AR####”);. Also you have to enable cheat shortcuts first.

Thankx again for the help.

Taluntain: i have IWD+HoW but not ToTL installed. Also i have soem mods and stuff installed.

8. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    CHEATERSDOPROSPER is the IWD-only code to activate cheats, GETYOURCHEATON works with HOW installed.

My guess is the cheat is introduced with HOW. If someone has it installed, maybe it's written in the "changes" part of the readme?

9. Taluntain

Media:
    I didn't change anything on SP yet, so it's not listed at CHEATERSDOPROSPER. And when it will be, it'll be listed in the HoW cheats, obviously...

And no, adding back of this cheat is not mentioned in any notes, I checked. So we've got ourselves an undocumented feature added in. Pretty amazing it took so long for someone to discover it...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.