1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

HELP - Important ToB Dialogue Errors **minor spoilyness**

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Death Rabbit, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Just beat the game again (SoA) with a Monk at the helm this time (ass-kicking smorgasboard, by the way). I have the following mods installed:

- Oversight
    - Ascension
    - BoM Item Pack
    - D0 Quest Pack
    - Divine Remix
    - Item Upgrade
    - Tactics
    - Spell 50
    - Kelsey
    - Dungeon be gone
    - Unfinished business

After I beat Illesara, I warp to the pocket plane as usual and speak to the diva (or whatever), and then Sarevok appears and initiates the dialogue that states something along the lines of "So, you have finally arrived. I have been waiting here for you." At the bottom, the dialogue box says "continue." When I click it, the dialogue quits. Every time I try to initiate a new conversation with Sarevok, the same thing happens. One click, over. I can't move further except to summon up old allies to come and fight.

What to do, homies? Is there a global somethin'-or-other I can CLUA in to move things along here?

OR - does anyone know what may be causing this, and what a solution might be?

Thanks a pantload.

EDIT - title edited to reflect larger problem.

[ February 17, 2006, 21:48: Message edited by: Death Rabbit ]

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

If you get the "Continue" box there, that means someone else in your party should be speaking up. The only four possible interjections in the unmodded game are Imoen, Jaheira, Minsc, and Edwin, but I can't know what your mods might add. Make sure everyone is close to Sarevok and try again.

If that doesn't work, you could try removing everyone from your party before talking to Sarevok to skip the interjections.

If that doesn't work, you can simply bypass the first convo entirely with:
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("TalkedToSarevok","GLOBAL",1)

If even that doesn't work, you can skip straight to after you've given your soul to him with:
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("SarevokAlive","GLOBAL",1)

3. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Thanks, Fel - kicking everyone out of the party did work, but I've got another problem. I just beat Gromnir, and I got the same error when talking to Mellisan afterwards. Since she busts in to talk to you IMMEDIATELY after the battle is over, I can't do the "kick everyone out" trick. I think you're right - it's because the game is trying to have a party member interject, and for some reason the dialogue is broken.

Is there any way to disable dialogue interjections? I don't really see another way out of this...

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Then you may need to beat Gromnir solo-wise, dumping every NPC before the fight. :p

Seriously, I doN'T know how to help you. I doN'T think there is a way to cancel interactions. :(

5. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Maybe there's a mod (listed above) that I need to ditch. I should also note that I used SK to change Viconia into a sorceress, and the NPC mod to make Jahiera into a Ranger/Cleric, but other than that - I can't think of where the problem lies.

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

First things first; who do you have in the party?

EDIT:
    Actually, nevermind. After browsing Mel's dialogue, it's pretty clear who the problem is: Imoen. She's the only one who has interjections in both dialogues, and if I were you, I'd drop her post-haste. If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably Kelsey conflicting with another mod that's screwing up her lines, but messing around with it now isn't worth it unless you're positively determined to keep Immy.

After you finish this game, I'd suggest a re-install after figuring out the right install order for your mods. You could try the same thing now, but I don't know how the mods would react. Maybe Silverstar can give you some insight on that. ;)

[ February 18, 2006, 02:35: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

7. Death Rabbit

Media:
    I'll try that, Fel. I'll ditch the sis for Jan, which I actually prefer anyway. I'll let you know how it goes.

8. Zamiel Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Have you edited Imoen at all using SK? That often leads to problems.

9. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Ok, I've now deduced that it's definitely not an Imoen-specific problem. The concersation ends whenever ever ANY party member interjects.

Most recently (SPOILERS) when I enter the Forest of Myr and the apparition of Gorian appears to chew me out. When he makes mention of me traveling with Sarevok, and Sarevok begins to interject, the conversation ends. RELOAD. So this time I kick Sarevok out of the party and make him wait before beginning the conversation. Now the dialog hiccups when Gorion makes mention of my love interest, in this case, Viconia.

Basically, in order for the game to progress, I'm going to have to solo, and that just isn't an option. What have I done wrong, and what can I do to change it? I really think it has to do with one of my installed mods, because I've done ToB before with SK-edited characters and never had any problems. But even so - I'm certain that isn't the problem, because Sarevok isn't modded at all and he bumps the dialogue too.

HELP!!! I'm having a really fun game and I don't want to abandon it. :(

10. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Seriously - does anyone know what mod may be causing this?

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I am so sorry pal, I really don'T know its cause or how can you fix it. Uninstall everything and get a clean, new install with the right installation order of the mods is all I can offer as advice... :wail:

12. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Thanks, Silvy - I'll just probably uninstall it altogether. I have better things to do. But when I get around to it again, a fresh re-install is probably in order. THanks

13. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

I've had the same problem, and it kicked in at the worst possible time - after beating Amelyssan. (Also with a Monk, oddly enough)

Since then I've reinstalled clean at least once, so I can't really help. Sorry.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.