1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help - I'm stuck to a wall

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Scot, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I was in the tombs under the prison in A Dance with Rogues II. In a small room with a sarcophagus I wacked an undead priest and he fell backwards, into the wall, with just his feet sticking out of the wall. I went to loot him, but he had no items or gold then faded away, but somehow I got stuck to the wall and couldn't move away.

I saved and reloaded, but am still stuck to the wall.

Are there any commands or cheats that can force my character away from the wall or out into the corridor so that I can move again?

Thanks.

[ November 27, 2006, 02:31: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I know that bug. It came with one of the more recent patches.

Try the following: Open up the console and type in 'Debug Mode 1' to start the cheat mode. Then open the console again and type 'jumptopoint 0'. This command usually needs more complex coordinates. But using the '0' should teleport the character to a preset point in the lower left corner of the map.

3. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Happened to me a couple of times. Using the "Fall backwards" or "Fall forward" animation may help.

4. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Thanks, to open the console, do I just press "Enter"?

I did that. How do I open up the console again?
    It stays open, or says, DM, Party, etc.

When I type "jumptopoint 0" my character says it, but nothing happens.

5. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

That's the talk line.

If you don't know how to open the console, prefix a line with ## on the talk line to get the same effect.

6. Scot

Okay, with a search on the boards I found out how to open the console with the ~ key. Yellow text at the top of the screen, right?

I typed in "Debug Mode 1", but then it said, debug mode not found. Is this possibly because it is a fan made module?

Falling forward and back didn't help either.

Might be that I just need to go back to yesterday's save and loose a morning session of gaming. Not the worst that could happen.

Thanks for your suggestions.

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Don't put the space between "Debug" and "Mode"

8. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Oops, my bad. Sorry.

9. Scot

Okay, got into Debugmode, traps and stuff went green.

Still couldn't jumptopoint 0, or any other points, function not found.

At that point I just went to an older saved and rewhacked a couple levels of monsters. Thanks for your efforts to help all.

Sepp felt a long piece of metal being pulled out of his brain. He opened his eyes, and saw with consciousness for the first time in a long, long time.

He was lying in a small metal tub, filled with a warm, clear jelly. He was naked, and looking at his emaciated body horrified him. He was literally almost all skin and bones, his muscles having atrophied away after who knew how long a time of being motionless. He was in a huge stone cavern, strange metal and glass cabinets and tables with leather straps, he shuddered involuntarily looking at those tables, filled the room. It all filled him with a sense of dread, but even more disconcerting was the mind flayer coming around a

[ December 23, 2006, 00:02: Message edited by: Scot ]

10. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I've had that happens few times myself. In all but one time, I've just made a new save game, exited and restarted the game, then opened my new save, and my character was no longer stuck in the wall.

The last time I had to use the Debug option mentioned above.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.