1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help - glitch won't let me out of Baator!

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Kesai, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Kesai Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have not used any cheats. I have downloaded the basic patch and no others. I have a 4 CD install basic not full for some reason even after going through full install the game still insists on CD swapping. I have not played the game in years so I likely forgot some things so forgive my idiocy.

Everything was going reasonably smoothly for me until I reached Curst Prison. I went to talk to Trias and then set off to get the Celestial Fire to free him. Well try as I might I could not get to the Prison Keeper. A stupid oversight on my part I didn't notice the fingerbone key lol So I went back to Trias thinking I'd missed something, that I hadn't followed the dialogue fully. Keep in mind it's been years well when I initiated dialogue and I really only had the option of giving him the Celestial Fire. Which obviously I'd not gotten but me being easily perplexed just freed him. I went back found the key I'd overlooked and ended up getting the Celestial Fire but of course Trias was gone by then, I am not sure what is going to happen when I fight him. Will I get it a second time? Not that I can even use it since I am not Lawful. Speaking of which how does one end up with a chaotic character? I talk/flirt with zombies, kiss Ravel do every single chaotic thing I have an option of and still my character is Neutral Good, pretty much that's the only alignment I have ever been regardless of my choices.

Anyways everything was fine again then I got into Baator but now I can't advance any further. The game absolutely refuses to load the next section with The Pillar of Skulls. I desperately want to finish the game because I never have, I've gotten close but always some game glitch or computer meltdown or some type of major life event crops up and I never get to! And yet again I am faced with another damn problem! I love this game and I want to get through it without cheating. I will accept a teleport cheat if such a thing exists and it will let me get to the damn Pillar of Skulls because I have already fought the monsters in Baator and am at the point anyways. Please Help! I am not technically savvy so try and keep it very simple.

I have already tried loading a saved game from before I entered Baator and went back through but still it wouldn't work.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  2. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Only thing I can think of is, did you change the paths in the torment.ini file? They should point to the folder where you copied the files from the CDs.

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/Torment/Walkthrough/gameplay.php#full_install

3. Kesai Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My husband actually managed we tried everything reinstalling, patches, reloading, full install, working with the files, I tried loading an earlier game redoing Baator nothing worked and then randomly my husband killed a abishai that had regenerated because of the reloading and it transported me to the Pillar or Skulls without even clicking on the exit. Thanks for the suggestion though. I was actually finally able to beat the game!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.