1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Helm's Keep, bug or the way it's meant to be?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Goli Ironhead, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Take a note there's going to be SPOILERS!

So, having finally decided a good class, that being Ranger, I have started playing the OC.
    Then, yesterday, I finally got to the end of first chapter, to hunt after traitor Desther into the Helm's Keep. Now, at the beginning of the Keep, there are those Animated Armors. I tried to kill them, but it was in vain. So, instead of getting smashed, I got them to whack Tomi, rushed trough the door, used Stone Of Recall and got back. Onwards.
    Next I face a good score of undeads. And suddenly, one of those Armors has somehow crept up there. This wasn't a problem, seeing it just started fighting with all the Undead. So, seeing what the armors do, I get back to the entrance, open the door, lead the hostile Armors there and watched the ensuing struggle.

Now then, aftermath was that there were three armors standing, Undead cut down, two Injured and one Badly Injured. So, seeing my chance, me and the trusty Halfling (With my new Dire Wolf-companion) rush to meet them.
    Sure, they start falling, first one, then the other and... that's it, the third just won't go down.
    I got it to Near Death, and then nothing could hit it, all attacks missed, mine, the wolf's and Tomi's. Nothing could hit it, nothing! I watched as the nearly perished Armor just kept fighting, killing both my wolf, Tomi and woundin me to very low HP.
    So I did what any good adventurer would do: I ran, and never looked back.

Now I'm at the second chapter, but I still wonder: was it meant to go like that or was it some weird bug?
    Or perhaps it will follow me trought the whole game, the horrible "Nearly Destroyed Animated Armor"! :D

So, has anyone else experienced this?

2. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Those Armours are there to help you. If you insert a gem you find in the courtyard into the plinth, they'll activate and start clearing out the undead. They should highlight blue when you first walk in, anyway. That you couldn't kill one of them is probably due to it having MinHP=1 set (or the similar command in NWN) that basically makes a creature unkillable, as they can't be reduced to <1 Hit Point.

3. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31

Oh, I see. Kinda wondered what should I do with the pedestal... Oh well, I'll keep that in mind.

4. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    They should actually be killable- I've attacked them a couple of times while playing through. They're tough but beatable.

5. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31

Decados, the last one certainly was not. The others fell easily, and I got that last one to 1 HP, but then nothing would kill it. Around 50 attacks till I fled, not even one succesfull. And the others had taken about 15 or less to take down, from full health, counting in misses.

6. jeremiah Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Strange, didn't have a problem taking them down. Got 100 xp each if I recall correctly for my pal1/sorc8. That and banishing the demon gave my PC enough XP to level up prior to facing Desther. Which was fortunate as I managed to get stoneskin and haste with that level up :) .

You may want to go to Helm's Hold via the basement instead (via the cave to the northwest of the starting map on the Road to Helm's Hold) in the future.

7. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31

Thanks for the tip. It's always been my way to rush in and kill everything the first time, and the second time I'll look for tidy alternatives.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.