1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Helm of Opposite Alignment

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by shadow, Oct 29, 2000.

1. shadow Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I've heard that the only way to 'legally' obtain the Helm of Opposite Alignment is by defeating the Demonknight the first time it appears, ie. when it materialises and starts slinging fireballs at the tourists. Well, I've tried but I couldn't kill him with spells cast both on my party (haste etc) and on him (to no effect - he 'saves' effectively against ALL spells; only Magic Missile seems to damage him), nor with melee/ranged attacks. Only those Critical hits do him damage, and they're supposed to in the first place!
    Is the helm really found on him? If not, then where? Or maybe I'm just looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    No, that about killing deamon knight there is bull. You can't kill him when he first shows up, it's scripted that way.
    I really don't remember where did I find that helmet (if I even did, it's possible it can only be created from the console).
    The easiest way is to create it from the console, but I have no idea what you'd do with it. If you really want to have your alignment changed use an editor. Having a helm for that is kinda silly. Besides, it'll only work on fighter figures (obviously).

3. shadow Gems: 1/31

Yes, I do know that you can create/hack it into existence via cheat-codes, and I've also learnt how to edit my own alignment from another helpful guy from the TGE forum, but (call me silly if you will :) ), I would really like to know whether you can legally obtain it in the game. It is for those evil-aligned characters (especially Viconia and Edwin, oops, forget the latter!) which I'm planning to include in my do-good party when I replay BG (as soon as I complete Tales).
    The whole point, to put it bluntly, is whether I can go through the game with 20 rep without my evil/good party combo breaking up halfway every so often. If it's simple not obtainable, then I guess I'll just have to pick Puffguts' own pocket!

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Where abouts do you meet this demon bloke?

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Deamon Knight is one of the figures from the BG expansion, Tales of the Sword Coast.
    Shadow, um especially Viconia & Edwin?
    Helmet and pure magic users don't mix, remember?

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Oh well...what level do you start at in BG2?

7. shadow Gems: 1/31

Sorry 'bout the delay, I'm usually only around on week-ends.
    Taluntain: I recalled that mages can't use helms when I was typing, that's why I added "forget the latter" directly afterwards.
    Sniper: You start with 89 000 exp points (refer to the table on Levels for the specific class level); 161 000 if you're importing your character from BG1 with Tales of the Sword Coast expansion pack.

8. Sniper Gems: 28/31

I was wondering why i couln't exceed 89,000 exp points! Nuts! Only another 1000 and MAjikus would have reached level 8!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.