1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Heart of fury mode questions

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by sethreign, Apr 17, 2015.

1. sethreign Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Well the questions I have are two
    a) What's the point of having a pickpocket skill in heart of fury mode when you can't pickpocket anyone. I made a thief and now he is level 16. He has 18 ranks in pick pocket and a dexterity of 29 which gives a total of +27 or so and still I have tried approximately 30 times to pickpocket what's her name in the first towns store and I keep on failing, did I do something wrong ?
    b) All the magical items from the shops and from monsters are upgraded by A LOT. That means that the goblinkiller (or whatever that daggers name is ) automatically slays goblins upon hitting them (it even killed cebalus) and that the kegsplitter now slays all kegs and constructs. Does that mean that if I hit constructs such as Iron golems and crystal golems etc they will die instantly?

2. lefuet Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Resourceful Veteran

I could pickpocket the lucky item in the first town. But it took so many tries, that I had to charm him so he would not go mad. Though I think the amount of pickpocket skill does not help any more in hof.

iirc golems are constructs that can be slayed instandly.

3. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    A - HoF mode pickpocketing just isn't worth it, there's some stuff to be gained from pickpocketing but noting you can't do without comes to mind at the moment, besides maybe the lucky knucky amulet, and the chances of it failing seem to be stacked in the npc's favor.

B - yup, constructs all die to it. buy it, put it away somewhere, then forget all about it untill you start running into golems. :)

4. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Media:
    IMHO pickpocketing is just plain bugged. It seems some people are virtually impossible to pickpocket no matter what your stats are, and the chance of success seems to depend on the person, not your stats. At least once you get more than 8 or 10 ranks in the skill.

5. Sloty Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Are there even any good people to pickpocket(also in normal mode)?
    Who?

6. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Media:
    There are some, yeah :)
    in targos : Lord ulbrec - Ring of Protection +1
    Jemeliah (in the trade depot) - Lucky Knucky amulet.
    Shaengarne bridge : The female druid carries a Wizard Robe of Electrical Resistance and Dagger +1 which you can pickpocket once you save her.
    Wandering village : Nym - Short Sword +2
    Black raven monastery : Ring of Charm
    Underdark : Wode the guileful (one of the merchants) - Amulet of Protection +1
    Kuldhar pass : Jermsy (in the tower) - Chameleon Ring of Dexterity
    Kuldahar : Sheemish - Wand of Fire and an Amulet of Protection +1.

After kuldahar you don't run into a lot of neutral npc's anymore, and none that i know of that have great items to pickpocket.
    there's also a lot of other npc's you can pickpocket for the odd GP, gems, potions and spell scrolls, but the above list are the most useful items.
    To be honest, even those items listed above are not particularly great, the only item on it you won't be able to find anywhere else/find a better replacement for is the lucky knucky amulet, and you might as well cheat that one in so you can disregard pickpocketing for the rest of the game.

7. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Media:
    I thought Oswald had a good ring to pickpocket, but I might be thinking of IWD1.
    Also the priests in the temple tent in Targos had some good loot, but they are virtually impossible to pickpocket, even after drinking potions of master thievery and all the other buffing potions (I tried cheating in big stacks of them, no matter how high I got the bonuses that stacked, they were still virtually impossible to pickpocket).

Finally, you can get some early quest XP to help you get to level 3 before the big battle with the goblins at the palisade by pickpocketing the unconscious diviner in the temple tent in Targos.
    It gives you the clue you need to get started, but I think you only lose < 100xp if you just buy the boar's blood from the merchant in the Salty Dog Tavern and feed it to him.

---------- Added 0 hours, 1 minutes and 57 seconds later... ----------

I just remembered. You can pickpocket some Belladona in Andora if you do things peacefully.
    I think you can pickpocket a diamond in the same chapter as well.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.