1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Heart of Fury bug?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Pabazu, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Pabazu Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Is there a risk of a difficulty level bug occuring when you activate Heart of Fury then de-activate it? Now, I didn't just save a normal game in progress, exited, enabled HoF, then re-entered the game. What I did was this:

- I had a normal game running, set to Real Easy (because I always play with a solo character). He was at that point at a character level of 11, as I recall, and I thought I'd export him and start a new game up with him in HoF to see how he'd fare against the first goblins. So I did that.

- I exported my character, saved the game in a seperate save file AND made a Quick Save, exited the game completely, enabled HoF, loaded the game and made a new game importing my character.

- Almost needless to say, he got terribly pasted by the first goblins, so I thought "OK, tested it, now back to normal".

- And here I must admit I may have made the mistake that could have enabled the bug. Instead of exiting the game, disable HoF, load the game and load my saved game, I think I may have loaded my save game first, then realised I'd need to disable HoF, then exited the game, disabled HoF, loaded the game and loaded my save game.

- Thing is, when you disable HoF, the difficulty slider resets itself to normal. I noticed that right away and set it back to Real Easy, and double-checked that it was at that setting in-game as well.

- So, now every setting is as it should be; HoF is off, difficulty is set to Real Easy.

- And here's my problem: the encounters are definitely not HoF strength (at chapter 4 now), but they don't seem to be at Real Easy either, because the melee damage of some encounters seem way out of proportion given that they should be half that of Normal. I've had a Rhemoraz hit me for 28 and a Barbarian Warrior hit me for 22, which would mean those hits would be for 56 and 44 respectively in Normal mode.

Am I wrong or does the damage I receive seem to be too much for my apparent difficulty setting of Real Easy?

---------- Added 0 hours, 14 minutes and 41 seconds later... ----------

OK, this is odd. Just after having written my OP, I opened the config.ini and clicked HoF on and off, set the difficulty slider to Real Easy, loaded my game again and had the very same fight with a group of barbarians, and where they before hit me for up to 22 points in melee I now only got hit for max 7 points. So fiddling around with the settings again seem to have corrected the problem.

Stupid ghosts in the machine...

2. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Good to hear you got it sorted. Sometimes this Infinity Engine stuff requires a setting change AND a swift kick to the pants before it will behave properly. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.