1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Hear ye, hear ye!!!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by crucis, Apr 25, 2007.

1. crucis

crucis Fighting the undead in Selune's name Veteran

Hear ye! Come close and listen!

My mod, The Light of Selune, has been released! Go to the Sorcerer's Place IWD2 mods page and download it, if you so choose.

And now that I've made my announcement, it's dancing banana time!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

2. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Looks good mate. I have been needing a reason to play IWD2 again for some time now, and this is it.

3. crucis

Thanks, TBA.

================

FYI, people. Be aware that there *may* be some sort of incompatibility between LOS and EoU. I'm guessing that the problem is caused by EoU's rumored incompatibility with the latest and greatest WeiDU.

I'm going to check this out.

In the meantime, if you really need some of the EoU functionality, you might try the IWD2Tweaks mod over at G3. It covers many of the EoU tweaks and is almost certainly likely to work with the latest and greatest WeiDU exe.

4. MindChild

MindChild Science should not set limits to imagination Resourceful Veteran

strange that the guy that made weidu is the same that made the iwd2 eou (iirc)...anyway, cant wait to try it out (reinstalling iwd2 now ^_^)

5. crucis

Yeah, it is. But WW's apparantly is a rather brilliant CS student at some university in CA (or was when he created his mods and WeiDU), and time became an issue, which seems to be why he no longer mods.

==================

For everyone else, let me say again...

*** ALERT ***

DO NOT USE Light of Selune with the Ease of Use mod. The EoU mod's old (v130) TP2 code that controls its entire installation is incompatible with the current version of WeiDU and will, will, WILL!!! cause installation problems.

6. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

Thats odd. I now have both installed and have played it a bit and it seems to work all right. I suppose time will tell though.

7. crucis

TBA, I think that the problem is in the installation, not playing incompatibilities. I'm guessing that you may not have installed the "Random Treasure" section of EoU, which seems to be the real culprit in the EoU/WeiDU incompatibility issue.

If you managed to install LOS on top of EoU and it's playing OK, good for you. Pease let me know if you had the EoU's Random Treasure section installed or not. Or for that matter, what version of EoU do you have?

Thx.

8. Acrux Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Sounds great!

(And why would anyone have Randomized Treasure installed in the first place?)

Can't wait to try it out!

9. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

Ahhh, that would be the problem mate. I dont have the random treasures part installed cause when I had it installed, I realised that it was really crap (sorry who ever made it) and uninstalled it before a loaded this mod.

10. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Ooo nice, a new IWD2 mod! Now that is worth celebrating! And with Selune in its name too! This makes me extra happy as the official 'Silverstar' here, heh. :shake:

Are there any incompatibility problems with Tal Rasha's awesome Tactics4IWD2 mod? I really love his mod too! What should I do now, I already have a save game in the start of chapter 3, with tactics, EoU, undead Targos and bonus merchants installed. (I don't have the random treasure component this time though, so will it be OK?)

11. crucis

1. Silverstar, my guess is that if you do NOT have the Random Treasures section of EoU installed, you should be OK to install Light of Selune.

2. There shouldn't be any installation incompatibilities with the Tactics mod. It only uses WeiDU to copy all of the edited files into the override directory. However, I don't have the slightest clue about any gameplay compatibility issues, as I've never played Tactics with or without LOS installed.

I'm sure that there may be some issues here and there. For example, IIRC, Tactics replaces a fair number of items. So does LOS and LOS edits a considerable number of other items. I suspect that if you install LOS on top of Tactics, there shouldn't really be any issues, but I really don't know for certain.

I wish that the Tactics mod were more of a WeiDU mod than hundreds of hand-editted items, so that we could actually SEE what changes have been made within the WeiDU TP2 installation file. Tactics is really more of a pre-WeiDU style mod whose compatibility is highly uncertain.

Let me put it this way. Not having tested the combination of Tactics and LOS, either for installation or playability, my best guess is that your greatest chance of success is if you install LOS *AFTER* you've installed Tactics.

=============

BTW, I am looking forward to playing my own LOS/Tactics game. I kept Tactics in mind while I was making LOS, because I like the idea of a challenging game of IWD2. I'm just decompressing from my LOS testing IWD2 run-thru. And am "decompressing" by working on some other IWD2 modding stuff, not related to my next version of LOS. (I want to work on something different for a while, to let my ideas for the next version have some time to simmer and my LOS batteries have time to recharge.)

[ April 26, 2007, 16:44: Message edited by: crucis ]

12. Lionheart Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Cheers! :)
    (Preparing to install IWD2...)

13. crucis

Wow. It's sooooooo quiet in here. I wonder where everyone is? ;)

14. MindChild

MindChild Science should not set limits to imagination Resourceful Veteran

we're playin your mod of course ;)

so far things are looking nice, havent had errors yet (other than installation :p )

15. crucis

That was the reason for the ;) MC. I was assuming that was the case.

As for errors, since so much of the mod is new items, it's kind of hard to overly screw things up. Nearly all of the BCS scripts are to add an item to a container or to add a merchant's CRE file to an area.

I've been working on a couple of different things over the past couple of days, something for the next release of LOS (the actual "Light of Selune" subplot) and something else IWD2 related. I finished writing up the plot notes for chapter one of the LOS v2 related thing, but have hit a serious case of modder's block about how to continue it. I'm sure that I'll have some sort of inspiration that will break the block.

I'd love to add 2-3 subplots into the next release, but I've found that generating good ideas and fleshing them out is a greater challenge for me than creating items. Oh, coming up with an inventive item name and backstory can sometimes be tough, but there's always the wimpy bailout of "This item has an extremely vague and mysterious history, yada, yada, yada". ;) I admit that I used a few variations of that bailout with some of the LOS items you'll come across. OTOH, some of the better items that I created were ones where I had an inspiration for a backstory before I created the actual item.

I'm going to go back to wracking my brain and trying to come up with plot ideas for the LOS subplot for LOS v2.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.