1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Healing Bug?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by kittybrod, Oct 26, 2010.

1. kittybrod Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have noticed this twice in my current game, I have played IWD through, but never noticed it (doesn't mean it doesn't happen).

I just recently got the expansion and downloaded the expansion to that. I have installed G3 Tweak Pack as well.

The bug is that I have VERY nice enemies at times. They are so nice, even as I beat up on them, they will heal my characters. the first time I noticed it was Sharra the healer, in Dragon's Eye, while she was red, she ran away from my characters, but while I was fighting some snakies, she came and healed me. The second time was in the Severed Hand, I was fighting a shadowed orc shaman I believe, and he healed my mage.

I am just wondering if anyone else has noticed this. Also, is this a bug or what?

I do have a screenie of it, but I don't have it uploaded anywhere. If someone wants to see it, just let me know and I will upload it.

2. Rahkir

Rahkir Cogito, ergo doleo

Hm! That's never happened to me, mayhaps because I always have a rogue or archer to take out pesky healers before they get a chance to cast any spells.

That is quite the interesting bug though. (And welcome to the forum!)

3. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I have seen that happen yes. It might be a bug, but I'm not the one to complain about free healing ;)

4. kittybrod Gems: 1/31

I try, but my archers never listen to me (this time through I have all archers/slingers with one true fighter, though all can use melee weapons)

Also, it can be VERY difficult to see in a heated battle with spells flying and effects flashing. I only noticed the first time because Sharra ran up to my character and then started the healing magic casting animation, then my character flashed, so I looked, thinking it might be a cause xxx wounds (is that even in ICD?), and it turned out she healed me. Made me not want to kill her so I didn't, the adventurers I released did. Same with the second time.

Yeah, it is interesting. Almost as interesting as the BG2 bug I found, I went away from the computer during a battle, I knew my party could handle, and came back and anomen/Valygar was beating up on my PC (the PC was giving as good as he got) I tried separating them and when I moved one away, the second followed, so I grabbed him, and moved HIM away, and the first came and started beating up on the second again... I was a bit upset with the characters then...

I wasn't quite complaining, I wish this was in all games, I was just wondering if anyone else had seen it. Also, it makes me feel bad about killing someone who just helped me.

Also, some people might be upset about it, I have seen people get upset about some strange (at least to me) things in games.

5. paganinio Gems: 1/31

I was just healed by the Orc (or was it Ogre?) spellcaster in Severed Hand. Must be that I look too powerful, they wanted to bribe me and beg for me mercy!

6. Jathszu Khatharua Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Or you looked too weak and they wanted at least some challenge. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.