1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Having Trouble Killing Malavon

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Doozi, Aug 14, 2000.

1. Doozi Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm stuck , I'm at the room where you are supposed to kill mavalon. I go in the door disapears and after a huge battle , he keeps comming back stronger than ever , and his spells kill my whole party. ( 3 fighter 1 ranger 1 cleric 1 mage thief )I've done fine up till now , but nothing I try seems to work
    any help would be appreciated
    doozi

2. caimenking69 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

if u can get through the golems u should have no trouble...... use potions if u must, and always haste, also give one of your "superthugs" something to grant them free action and just chase him until u killl him, if u see this head thing go above him, flee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

By this time in the game you should have a 'Super' fighter/paladin/ranger in the group. Juice him up with potions, especially a Haste potion****, Free Action potion***, Protection from Lightning/Crushing +10 Potion ****, Invulnerability potion**** and Giant strength*. Have your priests cast protection from evil, prayer and recitation (etc.).

Send him in alone to face the Golems and Maelvorn. Leave the rest of your party in the small corridor when they first came into the area/building. After the Golems kill the captives and Maelvorn casts his spell, kill him, then the Umber Hulks then the Golems. Then send your 'Super' Fighter/Paladin/Ranger out to hunt Maelvorn down like a sorry dog. He'll run in a few circles but will eventually take him out.

I actually used this strategy several times with important fights.

4. Mox Gems: 1/31

beef up ur characters before sending them into the fray. just like above. and u can start casting spells (like entangle/web) before the conversation actually starts, slowing down the monsters(golems only) before they could actually move! put up a defensive position near the entrance(chokepoint) then cast area-effect spells behind the monsters like fireballs or blizzard(?)

5. Simon Gems: 1/31

Well, after I nuked all the monsters and the simulacrum (no problem with a couple of good archers)I just let Malavon teleport around and do his stuff, then uhm... *shame*
    I waited until his spells wore off... :o
    And I snuck up on him with my fighter/thief and killed him in one blow. The other time I killed him the same way only with archers...

Well it saves on potions doesn't it? :D

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Pretty good strategies! I had my thief and ranger hide in shadows to get in close on Mal's sim...I also conjured a fire and earth elemental for the fight...

My archers killed the simulacrum before the golems even started moving...Then the elementals, my paladin, and my dwarf fighter mopped up the golems, while my archers, mage, and cleric went after Malavon.

It was a pretty easy fight, I don't think any of my characters took any damage...Since, all I have to do now is climb Dorn's stairs for the final fight, I think I'm going to Kuldahar to begin HoW.

7. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Just cast dispel magic to get rid of his protections.

8. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

After you beat the first Malavon just move your characters into the room in the lower right part of his area and wait for him there....after a while he will teleport in, and then you juzt beat the hell out of him. You may want to heal up and summon monsters while you are waiting for him to teleport in...don't worry, he'll show up soon enough.

9. H Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Well, to kill the clon its not so dificult, i suggest spells with no saving trow...

when u fight the real Malavon, i suggest that when malavon start jumping all around the place you send your mage to the little room on the right of the throne before malavon getx there... then use an spell like killing cloud or something, if u can use more than one... then just wait for him with your entire party and do whatever you need...

10. Bhaal's Drinking Buddy Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

since u have so many warriors, go up 2 him and dice him.
    use ur mage thief and bombard him with spells that allows no savin throws. he has a lot of cool spells stashed in his library.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.