1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Having Problems Seeing Things

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Llandon, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

The biggest problem that I am having with TOEE is that I'm having trouble seeing! Is everything supposed to be this dark? Most games I've played have an option of making things brighter(gamma shift maybe), but I can't seem to find that option. It's really starting to bug me. Also, is there any way to highlite objects and people? I made it through the moathouse, but I feel like I must be missing something.

[ September 22, 2003, 11:27: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    no gamma slider, maybe in a patch, TAB *should* highlight thing but 90% of the time it doesn't work.

I would really like a patch, even if this game IS GREAT a patch would be welcome!

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You should be able to turn up the brightness on your monitor controls, or via your monitor drivers. It's not a really good solution having to play with the monitor settings every time you run the game, but if there's no other way...

4. immortal1 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I just mentioned this in a previous thread b4 seeing this one. I think it is my monitor, and I have adjusted it to see the game better. A few of my friends w/ higher quality monitors are not having the problem. ?? That said, I am not sure if it is the monitor or the game, but as far as MY problem goes, I think it is my cruddy monitor.

5. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

It's also possible the monitor is dying. It's usually the contrast that's the first thing to go; flickering screen or just a dark one. Glare is another issue.

If you're using a Geforce, you can crank up the gamma inside the video properties before you play the game. And then crank it back down after you exit. I'd imagine Ati has the same kind of deal.

6. Super-aap Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Llandon

Inside the ToEE main directory is a file with the following name: ToEE.cfg

I dindt try it out myself but there is this following command

brightness=0

hope this helps.

[ October 01, 2003, 08:00: Message edited by: Super-aap ]

7. immortal1 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Worked on mine, no doubt now that it was a monitor problem. I didn't think it would be a game problem with graphics as smooth as these. Just glad I can see them better now. Thanks for the tip Super-aap. Did it work for you Llandon?

8. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Well I did what Tal (THANKS) suggested and fixed the problem. I've never had a brightness problem before, at least not one where changing the gamma shift wasn't an in game option. Turing my monitor all the way up helped alot.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.