1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Have you ever had a really sexist/racist teacher/boss?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by iLLusioN', Dec 1, 2003.

1. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

im asking this because my history teacher is extremely sexist. He teaches about 300 kids(just two grades in highschool, and yes i know its not very big) and out of those three hundred about 120 are boys-100 of which have a D or below. of the 180 girls only 20 are failing, and those are the ones who argue with him. Against the boys he counts stupid stuff for points off--- for example he counts off 10 points for the frillie things on notebook paper on the boys but doesnt with the girls. With the boys he counts off for handwriting while with the girls he doesnt. Plus i know of 9 cases where he changed a girls grade from an F to a C or above because "he felt thats what type of student they were". Another thing is he lost 6 papers of homework for me, while he never loses anyone elses homework( i have asked around) and he wouldnt let me do it again. Plus for every class he gives participation points, for having your agenda books paper, etc., i was absent for about 2 weeks because i was sick and he added 80 participation points to the total of the grade, but added 0 to my score, and wouldnt let me make up the work. and now because of this jackass, im grounded for 3 1/2 months- i got 2 weeks left now if he doesnt screw me over again.

2. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Not personally, but my mother once worked in a restaurant with a sectarian chef who would do things like refuse to cook for Catholic customers. Unfortunately, she told me the story quite a while ago, and she couldn't remember it all that well, so I can't give any details. Has nobody questioned this teacher of yours' favouritism?

3. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Steps to take:

1)Find out where he stays

2)Round up some hired muscle

3)Waylay him

4)Sacrifice him to Bhaal :evil:

Of course, if the above is not viable, then you should probably get a parent to talk to a school counselor or request an interview with the department head or even the principle. It seems as if he's really screwing you over.

4. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

My gifted geometry teacher is slightly sexist, that or she knows all the guys in the class are smarter than the girls, especially the five of us, not to brag. Everyone in the class agrees with me and 4 other guys that she is sexist towards the girls and just doesn't plain like us. We are the kind of smart kids who actually have a life, so we joke and flirt with the girls at appropriate times but when we are doing work in pairs, and turn around to ask another group a question, she counts ten points off our grades, and never even tells us. She has done this every day for this year and has never once taken points off the girls, even though ALL the girls agree that they talk more than we do! Our school is overcrowded too and she is the period we have lunch in but we eat in our classroom. At lunch we have food fights with the seniors that come over and onetime a senior threw a shrimp out of the room, she came in and yelled at US 5, even though the senior admitted to it, she almost gave us detention but thankfully her girls as she calls them, talked her out of it.

5. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I don't know about racist/sexist, but I've had my number of prejudiced teachers. I go to an all boys catholic school, and have since grade 5, so that sort of counts out sexist, and racism just isn't a problem. With the teachers. Anyway, my HSE (Phys. Ed) teacher last year is one of the biggest <Insert Nasty Words Here> that I have ever known. Everyone hates him. Not one student in the school likes him. I've asked some of the teachers as well and even they think he is a <Insert Naughty Word Here>.

Last year, we had to do a 1000 word essay on health effects of drugs. I gave it my all and handed in a 2500 word essay. He failed me. He said I had copied it all off the internet. I'm not kidding, I got an E-. A mate of mine did the same thing, gave it his all and got a D. He gave the same assignment to a guy in another class, and that guy got an A for it. Unchanged assignment, a difference of 4 grades. He said that he was 'preparing us for year 11 and 12', yet I have done University assignments for my brother with less work done than that assignment and got a distinction. Make up your minds concerning this guy. I am fully convinced that he is hell spawn.

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Not really sexist or racist, it was over social issues. You know, a former commie land.

Also some troubles over religion. Priorities, things you won't do no matter how they insist etc.

Don't worry, I fought my own back and even more. Diplomacy, Bluff, Intimidate, Gather Information, Innuendo and Sense Motive are all class skills after that :rolleyes:

At the end, I could get away with practically everything, get around the truth when looking straight in the eyes and without a single muscle trembling on the face (straightforward lying is much less difficult, btw, because it takes but a second and a word), intimidate my way through of lost cases, get classified info needed, read between verses, read people like books, get people with higher authority do what I want, have the audience eat from my hand and hold my own calmly and logically in the middle of blazing hell. Yea, it did get me some special rights and special treatment in many ways, so I know the other side of the medal too.

Aha, and I also knew whole bits of Penal Code... defamation, libel, falsehood, mispresentation, as well as regulations touching schools before I was even close to adult ;)

[ December 01, 2003, 03:00: Message edited by: chevalier ]

7. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

You know, I'd like to think so, but cynicism would be the easy way of looking at it.

8. Neriana Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I had an extremely sexist and disgusting 9th grade science teacher. He stared at girls as they walked away from his desk whenever they wore skirts; my well-endowed friend wore a coat to his class every day so he wouldn't ogle her so much. He also said to a boy, "How could you let girls beat you on a science test?" He tried to "prove" that girls were bad at science repeatedly. I doubt much has changed. In fact I know he's still teaching there.

9. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

It's great being a sexist teacher! I love it!

(Just kidding!)

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Has some good sides to it. For a strange reason, I've always had more patience for the females. Like explaining the use of passe recent dans le passe and futur proche dans le passe at 2AM. This 2AM it was, fortunately, English, though. This time. Explaining the passive of will + perfect, the so called Future Perfect, to someone whose native tongue only knows an extinct past perfect tense and the whole idea of English-style perfect is alien. At 2AM. Simply wonderful. Any male would be disintegrated without saving throw.

11. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

I had a teacher in the lyceum (highschool), who was priest. We all knew that he was antisemite and one day he said "This poor guy Hitler made the jews soaps. May god forgive him, afterall they were jews".

12. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

When I did my teaching rounds as a student-teacher I had a ***** from hell who quite seriously I would have no sympathy for if she died and went to hell. In fact I'd even send her there myself. She has the honour of being one of 2 people in my life that I have truly truly hated.

She was such a *****, she would call the little 6 and 7 year old muslim kids at the school dirty, filthy **** and she would swear and curse about Islam and Muhammad to their faces. You'd wonder why in hell that she ever worked at a muslim school?

She would complain about everything that I did as a student teacher, I could do absolutely nothing right in her eyes. So when she gave me my final report I never read it and I ripped it up.

Go to hell *****, you deserve it for your crap.

BOC. What did that priest mean by such a bloody stupid comment? I'd punch him or anyone for saying something as blatantly evil as that!

(Man I am in a foul mood after remembering that mole! :mad: )

13. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Does it matter what grade you get? After all, it's just a certain opinion about your learning, easily biased by other, less-related opinions. In uni, most do not bother with the "grade-hunt" as long as they get pass.

14. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

No never at least to the point to become too offensive. The worst example was a history teacher in gymnasium who liked to go over the girls and glare as less noticeable as he could. Anyway other than that he was ok and even the girls had fun with him because he tried to keep the pretenses and was fun to watch him.
    They may were some more with more dangerous minds but during my time in school we had a pretty tough reputation as kids and teachers did not try to munipulate us to any ideology. If they did something funny then something bad happened to their cars :D

15. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Okay, my grade 7 gym teacher was the worlds biggest jackass! He'd come into the changeroom and watch us, and yes, we are guys. One week he asked this one girl to show us how to do a stretch, it was one of those where you streach your arm over to the other side, he started stroking her side, and was saying stuff about how it was a good angle. He tried to get another teacher fired, because he (the other teacher) was teaching his (jackass) class how to do math! Everybody hated him, teachers, students, parents, even the principal. He was fired the next year. His comeuppance had finally arrived!

16. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I've faced two racist teachers in my life, one is this pompous PE teacher who blamed me for everything, he'd probably blame me for not being white to, said I couldn't swim and all that crap.

The second was this Southern hick who was probably kicked out of the KKK for being too radical.

17. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I had a female history teacher for tenth grade honors history. To this day if I saw her on the street I would spit. She got be bounced out of the class because my political views did not coincide with hers.

18. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    In art school I did an internship for a small advertising agency. The agency was run by a husband and wife team, who named the business after themselves. Though an indipendant firm, our offices were located within a promotional products company whom we were contracted with.

The wife worked out of their home office during the morning hours and came in around noon. But when she wasn't in the office, her husband (my boss) would make a sexual pass at pretty much every quasi-attractive woman who came within 30 feet of our offices. Saying things like "Oh man, I would if I could" and "Hey, you can't fault me for trying," whenever he would get shot down. He went to strip clubs a lot, and always commented about how he wish he'd never gotten married and how he wanted to go off and have a casual affair. His wife was totally oblivious to this, of course, which he seemed to find quite amusing.

Does that fall under sexist, or just straight-up sleezeball? :D

19. Sojourner Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Sounds like he couldn't care to teach the girls.

20. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

My high school french teacher (female if it really matters) played favorites all the time. There was this girl from Quebec in our class - spoken perfect french, knew all the grammar inside out because that's where she's from. The problem was, she was an athelete in training and didn't have time to do the assignments, and she skipped a lot.

So our teacher didn't like her. Net result was a B in grade and a bad mark for effort. But in the provincial exam, she got 99% and that mark scaled her up to an A no matter what the teacher could do.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.