1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Hardest battle in MOTB? (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Master Leo, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Master Leo Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Well MOTB is certainly more difficult than the original, but most people still consider it a very easy game.

Also in this game, choices actually make a difference, since siding with one side vs. the other can make the game a lot easier / harder. I always play on hardcore difficulty, since normal is absolutely silly because it makes your characters immune to your own AOE.

Last time I did the game with a pure warlock (party: Gann, One of Many, Safiya) and my most difficult battles were:

One of Many in Myrkul's form: If you allow OoM to devour Myrkul he will attack you next time you kick everyone out of the party. It's a very powerful form with about 600 HP, high AC, 30+ damage attacks several times a round, sneak attacks and anything else you can imagine. Had a real problem with this one, until I figured out he's vulnerable to Bigby's Fists. So I cast this from a scroll and blasted him like a madman. He finally blew, but I wasn't quite satisfied with my performance. (difficulty: 7/10)

Uber Badger in Ice Troll Berserker Lodge: He attacks you if you kill all berserkers inside the lodge (minus serge). Considering the fight I mentioned above, this one isn't all that hard, because you at least have a full party. Basically I had OoM tank him while the others unleashed their spells at him and it was finished pretty quick. I only mention this fight because some people think it's the hardest battle in the game (but it's not :p). (4/10)

Rammaq the Demi-Lich: You get to fight this thing if you side with the defenders in City of Judgement. It's a pretty big flying skull (kinda wonder how he managed to get that HUGE considering demiliches are usually pretty small) with a bunch of undead servants and powerful magic.
    Honestly, I was totally stumped how to defeat this guy the first time I met him. I focused on his servants first, destroying them easily but this gave the lich enough time to cast some seriously overpowering buffs, because when I attacked him, he was like immune to all damage, immune to all magic. I tried to dispell some stuff from him but failed miserably. The fight went on at least 5 minutes if not more, both sides pounding at each other with no effect. After that i reloaded and immediately after the batte started, I cast Vampiric feasts from everyone in the party and the lich blew in the first round. Cheese anyone? Anyway, I'm interested to hear your own tactics in this battle... mine sure as hell didn't work. (10/10)

2. Solid15 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The difficulty for fighting this badger depends on your own character. It is vulnerable to spells so a warlock won't be a problem. But once I was pounding it with a melee character and was missing every hit. It was frustrating to watch that badger slowly but steadly regenerate, with all damage on it done by casting party members who were now out of spells.

3. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Rammaq was a tough opponent, indeed. FirstName was a bard/disciple of the red dragon/warrior, with Safiya, Gannayev, and Okku as her henchmen... very few could oppose them, and yet... ;) The vengeance for Gann's parents was another tough battle: it took me long enough to figure that Safiya should be kept alive to break through the Witches' defenses.

4. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The Uber-Badger is vulnerable to spells that drain levels. So load up on them and rest before starting this. The more you hit it with level draining spells, the less it can hit you. And once you drain it enough times, it dies outright so that its initially high hit points and regeneration will become meaningless.

Either get Okku or an adamantine weapon for Rammaq. Either allows an easy bypass of any damage resistance.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.