1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Happy Canada Day!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Splunge, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Is Canada Day the Canadian equivalent to Independence Day in the U.S.? Strange that they are only three days apart. WATFO? (What Are The Fing Odds?)

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yes, it is. It was established in 1868 as the official day to celebrate the formation of Canada.

A bit of history, if anyone cares.

4. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Canada day is when all Canadians have Kroff diner, search for treasure, and fart in public, right ? :D

5. Splunge

Media:
    [​IMG] Yep! And of course, there's the National Nose-Picking Contest. :p

6. Shazamdude Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Happy Canada Day, all!

Strangely enough, today is also the day that the National Hockey League free agency period begins. So Canada celebrates its national holiday with one of the most exciting days in the NHL... the first day of free agent signings. So today we celebrate Canada, and hockey!

7. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Damn.... i wish i was Canadian, i'm really good at that. :D

8. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Canada Day. The time of year when the city of Vancouver cancels fireworks and concerts because they are too popular and cause too much commotion. It happened again this year...

Oh yeah, don't party too hard. You might end up stabbing a guy to death. (News here )

So anyways, happy Canada Day! :sarcastic smiley:

9. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Canada Day --Backbacon and Beer eh..and some flag waving and fireworks too.

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Good stuff - though I can't believe that Canada's national day is even younger than New Zealand's. Ours is from 1840. Ah, such young countries. Not like those old, wise European countries.

Hmmm, it's a long time until our next public holiday. We have to wait until Labour Day in October. :aww:

11. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yes, I slept in until 11:00 a.m. today.

Yes, I went out biking instead of trudging along with my legal research project.

Yes, I took a minute to remember Wayne Gretzky leading our teams to those Canada Cup victories during the 80s.

Yes, I remember when we won the Olympic gold medal for the first time in how many decades.

So yes, happy Canada day. :)

12. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I stayed up all day even though I work graveyards. The fireworks sucked again, but I didn't really notice...

13. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I sure had a jolly time. I remember the whole night though...I didn't even drink!! :eek: Though I didn't manage to stay completely away from mind-affecting substances... :rolleyes: (hey! Maybe that's why *she's* annoyed with me right now...:ponder: )

Anyways yeah...went to a party, saw some fireworks, saw some people shoot fireworks at each other. Fun stuff.

14. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    We went to Ottawa for Canada Day, and all I have to say is that the fireworks on Parliament Hill were amazing, I could feel them rippling my pants!

15. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Heh, one day, some two hundred years ago, some grey-beards decide to call one day in a year "Bollocks Day", and suddenly two hundred years later everyone in the world knows that that day is really a day for Bollocks. :shake:

If you catch my drift. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.