1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Hangovers

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sniper, Oct 21, 2001.

1. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Sniper;

The reason you get a hangover is that your body is dehydrated after a night of drinking. The Water / Gatoraide re-hydrates you and there-by takes away the headache, stiffness & cotton mouth.

2. Sniper Gems: 28/31

not meaning to be thick again but whats gatoraide?

3. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] A sports drink.

4. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Caffee, foods with sugar, water. And watch stupid TV shows!

5. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Are *you* Scierosis?

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] Doesn't that make it worse to drink beer in the morning or when you get up?

7. sorvo Guest

Not for me, I'm an alcoholic.:sosad:

8. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

They're right, y'know. Sometimes you just have to bite the dog that bit you. The other part of a hangover that everyone neglected to mention was alcohol withdrawl. This, of course, can be negated by having a beer or two with your hearty breakfast. I like to slam a lot of milk too, it just feels refreshing.

Now if only I could wake up early enough to catch that tiny troll before he shits in my mouth. :sleep: :flaming: ( :lol: )

9. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

sniper, i have had my share of hangovers ;) and for me i find that distilled water helps a lot. Have a power bar, or something of the like for breakfast, and frankly i don't suggest you eat much, especially if it is heavy food (you'll vomit). do not by any means take any pills, and if you really think you need medicine, take a very light *liquid* pain reliever.

10. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Hangover? Hmmm---definetly remember the last one. EEEWWWWWW My advice---don't get one.

Drink a glass of water occasionally between drinks. When you get home eat a something bread-like, take two tylenol and a shower, and then go to bed.

[This message has been edited by Satiana Fearbringer (edited October 28, 2001).]

11. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Mix strong coffee with furious 96% alcohol. Handle with care. No hangover the next day. Well, not a big one anyway.

12. Sniper Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] i had a weird experience when drunk ... it's like this...

I was my mates 18th b'day party and i got totally smashed. I had 2 litres of this vodka red square, 9 shots of a variety of 40% drinks, some vodka jelly with the odd half bottle of carling or bicardi breeze (they took em' of me :sad:) anyway, i was smashed as you could probably predict. Anyway i had loads of water ... i think it came into the double figures in terms of glasses of water and it seemed to somehow have no effect on me . Keep in mind, this is after all the drinking. Howcome? Oh yeah, i woke up with a tiny buzzing in my head that was a slight annoyance ... was that a hangover?

13. Pastor's Wife Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I can drink my husband under the table any day of the week ... its all mental. If you let yourself get drunk, you'll get drunk.

Also, I generally drink water all day, every day. If you are a healthy person who gets enough water, hangovers aren't a problem.

Also, make sure you get enough salt. Kinda like the gatoraid thing ...

14. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] a quick note to all the english people, gatorade is lucozade

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.