1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Hand writing

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sarevok•, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I have always had bad handwriting, well, not really bad but bad, it should be better. I don’t hand write a lot but when I do it looks like ****. I don’t want to go writing calligraphy or anything like that but I would like to improve the way it looks.

So is there an easy way around improving my handwriting, I practice and practice and it just deteriorates. I mean I don’t use it but it would be great to have nice hand writing. I have never seen writing like mine, even kids 11 – 12 can write better then me :D

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've always been told to write big letters and write slowly.

However I've been told that since I was in first school, so it still doesn't work :p

3. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I've had the same problem since I was a kid. If I try - I mean, really really try till the sweat is pouring off me - I can make my handwriting just about legible. But I've never written neatly in my life and doubt I ever will.

Someone once told me that writing very slowly and trying to make the letters rounder would help but I never noticed any difference.

4. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

Yes, it makes it worse.

5. Ahrontil Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Become a doctor. Then people will think that you are writing that way on purpose.

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Same in my case, same. I can improve the looks of it, but not the ligibility.

7. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

If I slow down to about 2/3 of normal writing speed, I can make my writing legible. Usually I only write notes and the like by hand and the only one who ever has to read them is me. It's not that bad that I can't decipher my own writing...

8. UsagiRyu Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

My handwriting is almost legible most of the time. How ever, I can mimick some handwriting of another person if I see it enough. (And no, I never used this for evil) But because of health problems, my hand will shake and well... Is there anyone who can read chicken scratch in the place?

My one college prof's handwriting was the worst though. He wrote "nice touch" on a paper and I got VERY angry with him because I thought he had written "nice turds". :doh:

Edit: (new gem! :roll: )

9. Neriana Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Um, maybe a drafting class?

10. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31

My 5 year old sister has better handwriting then me..in elemtary school i had to carry a lap top around so my teachers could read what i wrote.

11. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I've been told I have really beautiful handwriting...For a guy! Yes, they actually said BEAUTIFUL!

I did work on it a lot over time, but I also incorporated some russian cursive characters into my English cursive. I can't really explain it, but it does look pretty cool.

12. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Not entirely on topic, but in Grade 3, I got an award for Most Improved Handwriting.

It went steadily downhill after that. Somtimes, even I can't read my writing, let alone anyone else.

13. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

What really sucks for me is that I am working on becoming an elementary school teacher. When I went to a local school to work with some kids, I discovered that not only is their writing better then mine, I cannot remember how do make all of the letters.

I do have an excuse though. Up until grade seven, I was forced to write everything. When I hit high school, speed became the more important factor, so I began to print.

And that is the lamest excuse I have ever used.

14. teekc Gems: 23/31

1 - use fountain pen to correct your ill handling of writing instrument. There is only one way to handle a fountain pen.
    2 - write a lot. Take note in class, take more notes while preparing for a test, take some more notes while playing games, write letters to you relative and friends just write and write, and you will develop your good handwritting style.

You people have bad handwriting are way to lucky and spoiled. when i was a kid, bad handwriting = no meal from my parents.

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hmmm, that is interesting advice. Cool - I wish I had a fountain pen.

16. Baldrak Gems: 12/31

I've tried a fountain pen, but as I'm a lefty I keep smearing the ink with my writing hand. There might be a technique to avoid this, but I haven't heard of it.

17. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I can't help seeing as i'm probably the only person in the world who can read my handwriting now...which means it has improved greatly from last year. Still difficult to read :bang:

18. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I'm acutally quite pleased with my handwriting. I put a lot of effort in it, to develop it. Most people are still confused by it, but I can read it. The fact that my French teacher, who thought that my r and v were completly undistinguishable and thinking of me not very highly anyway, did at one day decide to mark every French word, where it could either be a r or v as wrong, and there are lots of them, did give me much reason to work at my handwriting very, very hard. It's beautiful freaky and I'm worried, because I still think my French teacher was the most awesome and hottest redhead I've ever met.

19. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Contact a gradschool or university that teaches people to become elementry school teachers. I know my uni had an outside company that tought people how to write properly. You can probably either get classes or some contactinformation there.

Best I can think of at the moment.

I actually got my writing diploma, but it hardly shows anymore. My writing is always legible, except for when I have to write really quickly, then it becomes a bit illegible :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.