1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Half-Orc with human *father*?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by chevalier, Jun 10, 2003.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Ever seen any?

I supposed it would take a drunken desperate soldier to rape a half-orc female, but still.

2. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Because, naturally, it's physically impossible for a human to love an orc. Duh. Shrek is totally wrong, you know.

;) :p

Besides, D&D is fairly PC; women are as strong as males; orc women are way stronger than human males.

3. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Who ever said that a rape was required? There are some really disturbed people out there who have no problem with barn yard animals. :eek: I wouldn't imagine that a comely she-orc would be much worse...

4. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Some like big women, some like animals, some like etc etc etc. It's a matter of taste. Just like being evil and good, so it must be in FR too.

5. chevalier

Media:
    Oaz: average numbers only. Warriors always have a greater STR unless some lame knife perverts :shake:

Average half-orc female should have 11 or 12 STR. Average human warrior pool character probably has 16 and average human warrior pool NPC has around 14. Well, 14 STR is not enough to rape 12 STR, but I don't know the dices for rape. Maybe his friends held her for him?

Anyway, has anyone ever seen a half-orc with a human father?

6. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Chev - Half-orc females (given the PC in D&D), have 12 Strength - +1 modifier. The average warrior probably has only 12 Strength. A really good soldier might have 14, and perhaps the "special" or "exceptional" warrior might have 15 or even 16 strength. That's my take on it. Given standard ability point assignment, a PC meat-and-potatoes fighter will probably have 14-16 strength. That PC is special. Because PCs are special.

So on average, it evens out. However, given the patriarchial society of Orcs (and presumably, there's a few half-breeds in every tribe), the women are unarmed and left as noncombatanants. If the army is made up of particulary Bad People, then yeah, rape will occur, and has a good chance of happening.

I was thinking of Orc females originally. So silly of me. But then, you'd have a quarter-orc. Which to me, is a half-orc in game terms, just to avoid complications.

Dices for rape are just grappling and pinning. Presumably, because the male is trying to initiate it, he probably suffers some sort of penalty, but I'm not to say. But in game terms, assuming both have 12 Strength, the chances are basically 50/50, I believe. But that's why rape often occurs with groups.

(EDIT: Let's not confuse PC as Politically Correct and Player Character here. ;) )

I also can't believe I'm discussing how to roll for rape in D&D. This is getting a tad sick.

7. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Why would it be "sick" to have a Human Father while your are 1/2 Orc? I mean some Tribe out there do weiding with Human and Orc tribe.

8. chevalier

Media:
    Oaz: it was entirely technical discussion ;)

Well, why wouldn't a man be able to copulate with an orc female?

Half-Orc sure anyway, but if he's a big boy he could even hadle an Orc.

9. Nick The Friendly Goth Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I find this disturbing on many levels...

10. Oaz Gems: 29/31

It's not so much as a matter of strength or skill as it is position. If a bunch of soldiers kill all the strong, healthy males, and leave the women and children alive, the women will be pretty much at the whim of the humans. Sure, they could resist, but they don't have weapons or the like. So, yes, if the orcs are captured, it will most likely happen.

But a male human trying to rape a female (half-)orc without any weapons or tools otherwise? The odds are against the male (or perhaps 50/50), assuming we have average stats.

11. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Here's how it works: a human male joins a tough barbarian settlement and is annoyed to find he's treated like a wuss. So he asks what a man has to do to be treated with respect in the tribe, and is told a "real barbarian" drinks a bottle of moonshine, wrestles the meanest orc he can find, and then rapes a beautiful maiden all night. The next thing they know, the new guy drinks a bottle of moonshine whiskey, staggers back into camp around dawn with his clothes shredded and bloody, and mutters, "now where's this beautiful maiden I gotta wrestle?"

Couldn't resist. :p

12. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

On the other hand, a human father, unlike a human mother doesn't actually have to survive for the duration of the pregnancy. And orcish shamans might have means of overcoming the technical difficulties so that she-orcs can have their wicked way with male prisoners.

Also, although it's a slightly different system, Arcanum features two half-orc brothers with a human father. A liberal progressive gentleman fell in love with and married an orcish woman. There's a book in the Tarant library in which he complains about his sons' slide into crime due to the lack of opportunities open to half-orcs.

[ June 11, 2003, 20:05: Message edited by: Ironbeard ]

13. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] There is talk of using dice rolls to determine rape? What manner of people are you :p

14. chevalier

Media:
    Roleplayers? :D

15. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Forget the rape issue -- true love crosses all boundaries! Lonely, freakish human male, meets relatively intelligent outcast orc female (maybe she's outcast for being smarter than the orc males), they get roaring drunk around a campfire, they do the nasty. End result, 1/2 orc!

16. chevalier

Media:
    Or a desperate thirteen year old mage academy student getting his only chance? ;)

Anyway, has anyone actually seen one of such half-orcs?

17. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

In this case I would say rollplayers.

PS;
    Arnold Swarzenegger and Sigourney Weaver would get a Half-orc baby nomatter if they are human themselves :1eye:

18. chevalier

Media:
    Arnold is a quarter-orc ;)

19. Alaeila Harktree Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] LOL! That is highly amusing. I'd love to see the outcome of that kid...

20. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You know, the whole thing about the mage acedemy student or more intelligent female orc are just one time things......
    though this whole senerio might be indicating a one time thing....
    hopefully this thread is a one time thing.... it kind of hurts my head, and twists my stomach.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.