1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Guess the character for HotU

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Munchkin Blender, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Restart syndrome has kicked in for me. I am now on my third try for HotU in less than a month.

I originally started off with the character I used to beat the OC; after playing through part of the first level I grew bored quickly as character was 3 levels higher than a character created at the start of HotU.

The second character I used was the same character he did not have the equipment or the level of the character used in the OC. After playing into chapter 2 I realized I penalized myself by focusing on Unarmed Strike instead of going for a dual wielding kama monk because of the weapon upgrade. After reaching chapter two and playing around with the weapon upgrade I decided I want to try a character out who used a weapon vs. his fist.

I reviewed my Monk build and took into consideration what I liked and disliked and from there I created my new build. Please guess what class(es) I decided to go with for my new character based on his story below.

As a very young adult you were often chased by the law for breaking and entering, disabling the city defenses, and using powerful magical rods, wands or staffs that you did not truly understand. An officer by the name of Kale caught you and decided that life in a cell was not for you. He took you home and taught you all he could about combat and combat tactics. By the age of 17 he felt you were ready to become a guard; however, you had other plans and left only leaving him a note of thanks.

Your travels took you all over the world. One early afternoon during one of your travels you came across an older man carrying two unusual swords. As the two of you met, your eyes crossed and you felt the urge to see what this man is capable of doing with his blades. Without thinking ahead, you withdrew your blade and in one quick motion swung at the old man. You believed your training prepared you for everything but with a quick move and motion from his blade you were hit hard and the hit was so strong it felt as if you were hit by a boulder thrown by a storm giant. The hit knocked you down to the grown and out.

A few days later you awaken to see that you are lying down in a hay bed; your chest bruised from the hit and your head spinning. The man you swung at sits besides you looking you over. As you look over at him he speak; “You survived. Good. Now it is time for you to awake and start your training.” And train you did; he taught you more than Kale did about how to handle a weapon. As you continued your training with this man you learned the importance of weapon balance, angles of attack, and other ways to handle to weapon to make each attack more affective. Your time with this stranger has finely tuned your weaponl combat skills.

Over time, roughly five years, the two of you grew close; him the mentor and you as the student, though the relationship at times felt as if it was father and son. Since he never learned your name he called you Steel Plate because your chest physically did not get pierced or sliced by his blade the first time you met.

Once while training you became as good as he was and was able to stop all of his attack and with one quick strike of your own he was knocked down. At this point he rises and looks you in the eyes. “I am no longer your mentor Steel Plate; you have learned all you can from me. Now it is time for you to go out on your own and become your own mentor.”

The next morning when you awoke for the daily training you grew accustom too, your mentor was gone. What he left was his belonging. His old unique swords, some leather protective clothes, and some gold. With nothing left to loose you decide it is time to give back and do what is right and good, since others have done nothing but good deeds for you.

As you adventure you call yourself Kale Steel. Kale in memory of the man who helped you start your life and Steel for the memory of the man to who trained you for the last five years.

About two years after various adventures of helping others, protecting the weak and defending the honor of your home town and the ways taught to you by the old man you are requested to Water Deep for assistance with an issue in Under Mountain.

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Go straight fighter/weapon master -- you don't need rogue levels.

However, if you want to take advantage of your rogue sneak attack, you need knockdown or weapons that stun or hold your opponent -- I had a fighter/rogue in the OC that just rocked because she dualled Namarra and Feyduster (daze and sleep). A lot of sneak attack damage.

I'm thinking of replaying with a shapeshifter....

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.