1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Growing up in Australia in the 90's

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by shadow lurker, Jul 3, 2007.

1. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Similar to the topic about 'Growing up in the 90's' (or whatever it was called, I've forgotten), except this one is obviously about Australia. Reading the list brings back so many memories, and for those who didn't grow up in Australia in the 90's, maybe you can compare it with your own childhood? ^^

The 90's in Australia was cool. ^^

2. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I read somewhere that the reason dog poo is white is the dog has a kidney infection, or something. Anyway, it's not good :)

3. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I remember a few arguments about that... good times.

4. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

You guys were squeezing Vegemite in the 90's already? Recently my mother was looking for tube package Vegemite because my nephew eats vegemite and bottle package is not so clean, you know, every time you eat it you open and close it and spoon in and out and everything. i grow up eating it too (i am 29). My aunt lives in Australia and tube vegimite is a new thing to us.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Damn that John Eales!

6. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    ...I did so much of that...

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yeah - growing in Australia in the 90s was pretty damn awesome :)

Though your list is Sydney centric I suspect - none of this 'Easter show' nonsense here - we've got the Ekka :p

8. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    That one takes me back. I couldn't eat anything beyond yogert for days afterwards.
    *wince*

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Some of that stuff applies to the 70s and 80s as well - and a lot of it has nothing to do with Australia.

10. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    The Waugh brothers... tossers :p . Australia's habit of churning out highly talented cricket players is annoying to everyone outside Down Under!

11. Harbourboy

Unless any of them feel like changing citizenship and playing for us instead. Then they're cool.

12. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

You know thats never going to happen Harbs :p

13. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Errr, a lot of that stuff is pretty international. I remember doing most of it and yet I'm from the U.S.

14. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Oh yeah, huge, monochrome, requiring four batteries, can't play in the dark... those were the days...

The movie or the game? At any rate, the game keeped me hooked on the NES so long...

Err... agreed for Stone Cold and Mankind, but The Rock...? Whatever. *shrugs*

I remember when that was the game they gave with the purchase of a Genesis... played that one a loooooooong time - had nothing else to play.

The flashing grey screen of death...

So true.

Doom pwns. I'm surprised you didn't mentioned Quake, though... :p

Aaaah, yeah, remember that. Also remember the era when slammers were played more often than regular pogs...

...does THAT bring back memories!

15. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Oh no no, you only need to blow on it if there's dust in there, and you can tell there's dust in there if the picture's all wonky - weird shapes and letters and numbers and s***. And you're unlikely to get dust in there if you actually keep the games in their dustcases.

I don't think the grey screen is even caused by dust. It happens with games that haven't been played in a long while, and maybe have been stored inappropriately. I always get rid of the grey screen by removing and re-inserting the cartridge a few times. I only get the grey screen with games I've bought used - the ones I bought from stores back in the day never do that.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.