1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Greyhawk: ToEE Trailer

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Apeman, Apr 25, 2003.

1. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

This trailer looks really really promising, I was wondering if anyone has seen it yet. I know a place where it can be seen but I'm not sure if I can post the link since it's been illegally put out on the net.

[ April 26, 2003, 12:55: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Yup, saw it just this morning. It's *great* to say the least.

Why the heck don't they give off screenshots of it if it looks that fine already? I mean, there's no way they'd get a negative response from the gaming media for something like that.

The spell-effects, animations and monsters looked so great that it really looks like a new generation RPG. That trailer just made ToEE jump clearly ahead of Lionheart in my waiting list.

3. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I haven't seen it yet, and if it is not allowed to post the URL here, you can always PM it to me. ;)

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    No, you can't link to it publicly here, I want to keep good relations with Troika. Not to mention I'd just get asked to remove it anyway.

And they don't give out screenshots of it yet because WoTC haven't approved them yet. Every screenshot has to be approved by WoTC and the publisher before it can go out... I don't know why it's taking them so long to do it though. Possibly WoTC had issues with something and that caused the delay...

5. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Is Troika or anyone else going to make a demo of the game any time soon?

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I believe that the demo will be available for download when the full game gets released.

7. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Is the game in 3d or is it sprite based, like the Infinity Engine?

8. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The game uses 3D models on pre-rendered backgrounds, so it's a combination.

9. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

It looks like an incredibly detailed 3D though.

10. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    It's even beter than I though! I'ts realy look like good old IE but also with a new 3D engine!
    Hurray!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.