1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Greatest character?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Goli Ironhead, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Geoff Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I find Minsc to be incredibly versatile, since he gets 2 stars in two weapon fighting and can only get a max of 2 stars in anyhing (other than two weapon fighting, which he can get 3). So, he is specialized in lots of weapons, but not great with any. Plus, his low wisdom means he isn't very good with druid spells.
    But I agree, he is hilarious :D

2. Deuce Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Greatest? Who knows, but as to my current favorite, Jan - Who's dying words "Don't forget to raise me . . . " leave me in stiches

3. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Aerie...without a doubt!

Give her the SotM, Robe of Vecna, Amulet of Power, and by the time she hits level 15 in each class, she's a goddess!! :eek:

4. Truper Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I always like to have Aerie in my parties, precicely because she is so versitile. Mage spells, cleric spells, skill with a sling, clerical spells in contingencies...

It also amuses me greatly to make her a melee monster. Since she has access to the full range of both arcane and divine buffs, and her hitpoint problem can be overcome with the right items, it isn't hard to do. Early on, buy her the Mauler Arm from Bernard. Since I often don't have a better candidate for Crom Feyr, I give it to Aeire. Set her up with a few buffs like Stoneskin, a contingency with a Cure Serious Wounds on 50% damage, let her cast Improved Haste on herself, and she's remarkably hard to kill, and can make the chunks fly as well as anyone - "I won't let my friends be hurt!" ;)

5. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Sarevok for sure, all the rest of the NPC's are just pussies. Minsc is just a dumb brainless lunatic, Sarevok would slay him with little problem like he would everyone else.

6. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Couldn't possibly choose as each can be made useful and the designed personalities are interesting enough with most of them.

7. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Viconia before anyone else. ANYONE else. After her, maybe Mazzy, or Edwin. Keldorn's pretty cool too. Jaheira isn't bad, but Aerie, No thanks. anyone but her. Or Cernd.

8. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Minsc and Keldorn.

Minsc is an awesome fighter able to go two handed or two weapon, and he has AMAZING lines.

Keldorn just plain rocks... although I'm angry at whoever gave him longsword/bastard sword prof... You can't have 2handed sword prof and NOT two handed weapon style... that's just disgraceful :(

9. Ekarderif Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

He can use the Purifier pretty well...

10. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Edwin! Not because of the ludicrous bonuses he get (though they do make him insanely powerful), but because of his personality. He was already funny in BG, but in SOA he's hilarious. His interjections with everyone else are excellent for the most part (he has one dialog with Imoen in TOB that had laugh out loud). Not to mention his quest is one of the most entertaining in the game.

11. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Favourite Character: Jaheira. Whether I'm romancing her or not, I can never leave her behind. I just like her character too much, plus she's a very handy tank/healer to have around. The Harper subquest is great and Jaheira is with you from your first hurried flight from Candlekeep and Sarevok to your ultimate battle in the Throne of Bhaal.

Honourable Mentions: The other BG1 characters, because I have trouble leaving them behind as well. Also, Sarevok is just plain cool and a strong character to have, and I'm very fond of Haer'Dalis as well... especially when he's surrounded by evil characters and taking the piss out of everyone.

...although HK-47 is still better than every other meatbag NPC I've ever encountered. :lol:

12. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I can't understand why there are so few votes for Sarevok!

Think about it...a mortal man who knows he's a child of a god, almost brings a massive war to the Sword Coast, kills the iron supply of the entire surrounding area, almost kills the PC (and he probably would have if you couldn't re-load), crawls back from the dead to join you on your quests, and on top of all that, he has a hot lover!

What more do I have to say about him? Sarevok rules! :rolling:

13. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

There can be only one.

Minsc

You may love him or hate him - I haven't used him in any of my parties for years and years - but he is what most people think of when you say the words Baldur's Gate.

14. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

"The stuff of legends, RIGHT BOO!?!"

15. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Viconia - for her hott romance, specially after the romance mod. :love:
    Minsc - for being the funniest guy with the greatest number of kills.
    Keldron - for being an old man who can still teach us a trick ot two.
    Jan - for worrying about the griffins on a clear day. :lol:

16. Dranalis DeAealth

Dranalis DeAealth Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc Veteran

Edwin, for being so wonderfully self-absorbed and generally evil.

17. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

Oh yes, Edwin. I love his character. Korgan is really good too, but since he was absent in Baldur's Gate, he's not in the running.
    I don't like Minsc (and think he is very much overrated as a fighter), but as I wrote earlier Minsc gets my vote because he embodies the game to me.

18. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I like Valygar, even though he isn't quite as powerful as other NPCs and his proficiencies do not fit with his favourite enemy (anyone ever tried to take down a golem with a katana?), he has a gruff tone and is dedicated to his task: a true hero; though a better class for him would have been wizard slayer. I don't understand why Mazzy keeps hassling him when they're both in the party!

The best female is Viconia, though I must admit I'm partial to Jaheira but I never could stand Aerie's whining.

I'm not sure if you meant power or RP? Some characters can be awesome from a powergaming point of view, but I wouldn't take them with me in a million years (Anemon? yuck!)

19. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Aerie for me. As the quests increase in number, she increases in power. She's a whiner, but she'll get the job done. Robe of Vecna indeed works for all her spells. :)

20. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Sarevok doesn't turn up until ToB which is probably why he doesn't get a lot of votes. He is awesome and could probably take out my PC in a one on one fight. Glad he's on my side in current game.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.