1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Graphical problem on Vista64

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Apeman, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I finally found the solution to the graphical problem in the first sticky in this forum. The only thing is that on Vista64 I cannot access the panel that lets me to disable directdraw.

Question is then how do the people who use Vista64 solve the graphical problem?

2. starfox64 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

I'm not familiar with Vista but have you tried the START button, then click the Run button, then type dxdiag. That should bring you into the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Click the Display tab at the top and then disable DirectDraw Acceleration. Just remember to enable it when you're finished or you might have graphic errors in other programs.

3. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

That is the problem right there. I go to dxdiag, click the display tab and there is no option for me to change the settings directdraw.

Vista64 just won't let me change these setting, not through dxdiag and not through display properties.

I'm really starting to loath this OS.

4. starfox64 Gems: 12/31

Veteran

I'm using DirectX9.0c. I believe Vista uses DirectX10.0. Perhaps you might want to "downgrade" to an earlier version. That might solve your problem. Once again, I'm not familiar with Vista but that might work.

The only other way I know to disable DirectDraw is:

; or just keep sliding it until you get an option that works.

5. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Nope not an option either.

The menu to reach that slider is not clickable.

It's as if Vista really doesn't want me to change those settings. Not mentioning that I cannot reach the control panel for some reason.

6. starfox64 Gems: 12/31

Veteran

Well, I've done some research on the Internet for you and it appears from the various articles I've read that Vista's User Interface relies on DirectDraw and that's why it can't be disabled. Once again, I'm not familiar with Windows Vista and I can't try anything firsthand to help out.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.