1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Golem Destruction Help!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Compulsive Dementia, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

On the outside of the ice temple, there are several Crystal Golems, but I couldn't hit them with normal weapons. However, I managed to lure them to the trap where you drop boulders on them. However, I encountered one in the bottom floor of the ice temple, and the only way I can see to defeat it is the prisim lightning shooting device, but it gets magic resistence from that. How can I kill it? Do I need more powerful weapons (+1, +2, +3, etc.)or luck or is there something I'm missing?

2. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Blunt weapons like hammers, flails and maces.

3. Quicho Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

You can also destroy them with boulders. A nice trick.

There are three piles of boulders in the northwest part of the map. If you sneak past one of the golems with your thief/scout/... to the lever near the boulder piles and take the golem (send a quick character with many HP to the golem so the golem will start to hunt it and run to the place beneath the boulder piles) below the boulder and then push the lever near the pile above the golem, you can instantly destroy him with the pile. It will hit also your character near the golem, but only for some hit points. The golems will be destroyed instantly. Do not worry about not hitting him with the first try. I didn't target him correctly too. You can pick the boulders and place them on their position and then the lever will be working again. My barbarian was in the meanwhile running around with the golem in his back - she was pretty quickly and the big bad guy didn't hit here. IIRC there are three piles there.

From the role playing view: your party found a note on "not throwing stones on the crystal golems, because they are pretty expensive".

Hey folks, did someone else used these piles this way ?

4. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31

I used that boulder trick, but there is a golem on the inside of the temple that i can't kill because those traps aren't inside.

5. Quicho Gems: 6/31

I have no memories of something special on killing somebody inside the ice fortress except on entering ethereal plane to kill the third of the three sisters.

I suppose I just whacked on them with bludgeoning weapons. Maybe I found some nice items inside the fortress that done a nice job for me.

There are some threads on killing iron golems in underdark - tactics used on them could work on every enemy with big HP, resistances and "big hands" (doing damage).

6. Krysalyn Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

as Benanthalin said, use blunt weapons, i.e. weapons that do bludgeoning damage...

I believe that the crystal golems are immune to slashing and piercing, and only take damage from bludgeoning.

arrows of impact, bullets, hammers, flails, maces, etc should all take a crystal golem down fairly quickly.

7. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31

Ok, I just hope you mean crystal golems, not ice golem champions or whatever. The later I can take down easily, but not crystal golems. Thanks.

8. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Blunt weapons, I just finished the Ice Fortress for the millionth time yesterday.

9. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    There's a Doom Guard called Vra...something wondering around, and he has a Flame Star+1, which is a mace. That deals massive damage to Crystal Golems.

10. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The Kegsplitter of Shaengarne Ford, an axe from the Prologue in HoF mode that you can buy from the item store, kills constructs with one hit. Like the goblin slayer you can buy from Elytharra - the mayors wife. (also in HoF mode.)

11. Quicho Gems: 6/31

You can by an normal version of Kegsplitter in normal mode also (IIRC).

12. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31

True, but in normal mode it doesnt slay constructs with one hit.

13. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] @Deathmage: the automationĀ“s name is Vrassilus.

There are a lot of weapons able to hit those golems,
    but the rocks also seem interesting (I have never known what effective action can be done with them, but if I will ever play IWD2 again, I will try it; @Quicho: Thanks the idea)

14. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31

Same with me, i thought they were only used to kill the Rhemoraz.

15. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31

Yup, a hammer took care of it. Thanks.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.