1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

(Golden) Heart of -charname- bug

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Volsung, May 7, 2003.

1. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I think there is a bug in these swords. The name changes: when you buy it it might have the name of the leader(for example Aragorn) but later in the game when another character(for exmple Legolas)talks to an NPC the sword will change its name from "(Golden) Heart of Aragorn" to "(Golden) Heart of Legolas". Does this also happen to you? Can it be fixed?

OFF TOPIC: Hey, I got the sunstone gem! :) :roll: :rolling: :spin:

2. AlexGK Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Same with me.No matter, when you return it to "Aragorn" it will change back hehe...

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] 'tis most random, yet funny.

"Beware, Goblins! For I wield the Golden Heart of... er... Somebody!"

4. Quicho Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I think it's OK.

When you read the swords description, you can read that it fits your hands.

But it fits to "anyones" hand. It's speciall abilities can be used by everyone wielding it.

5. Shadow Sword Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] NO when u give it back it dose not change. It just changes all the time. Usually it's the party leader, but it might be the person that had the last kill or something like that. for me it's the party leader and he gets the most kills.

6. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

what if you did the Ctrl+q thing on a monster so they join your party and then give the sword to them? would the name change?

7. Kabuki Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Urgahzi, Does that one work on IWD2??? I haven't bothered with it.. :hmm:

Does the normal "Heart of..." Do the same thing? Or just the HoF sword?

*Tends to use the HA, so hasn't noticed much*

Hey, try giving (Duped) swords to your Whole party, and see if they all keep the same name, or if they change on each character.. :evil:

8. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

yeah it works, but your game crashes pretty easily if you go into the inventory, record screen, character screen or if you fight with them.

9. Shadow Sword Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

What do mean by pretty easily?

10. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I think it depends on who your frontline character is.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.