1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Goin to Hell, and other things...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by toast, Apr 7, 2001.

1. toast Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Some thoughts on the end game...

It sucks how you only learn the true reason behind the plot in the very end of the game. The last hour of play time in a game that takes weeks if not months to get through. I've gone through from start to finish three times now (and a few to level 13-15 or so), and that's always bugged me. And why do you get so many jewels and crap at the end, when by now you already have all the equipment you can possibly buy? I'm going to finish with 250,000 gp!
    I bought the Equalizer even though I know it sucked.. Bought the Shadow Armor, even though I know kensais can only wear it if they're German... And you get numerous little vials of those '9 health' potions in the end??? wtf? Any party that's still reying on those potions is in sad shape.

I've foought this end battle a number of times, and I know Jon doesn't stand a chance. I've got 3 or 4 time stops, and a few other ninth level spells that he doesn't stand a chance against. I haven't used my Kai ability but once or twice, and pretty much everyone is still using the same weapons as they were a month/ 3 chapers ago. CF, Lilarcor, Mauler's Arm, Belm...

I don't think I'm bored with it yet, but some things seem reeeal lame. Kinda like a bad sit-com where you know what's going to happen next all the time...

Next time I'm playing a 100% mage.....

or maybe a cleric...

ps: all the Dragon killing stuff sucks wind. If you ever go into a dragon fight relying on that stuff, you're gonna lose...
    'double damge' my ass...

[/rant]

anyone with me?

2. Icecold39 Banned

The reason why its so easy at the end is because your sopose to do the main quest first then your sopose to do all the opptional quests last. thats what my strategy guide said anyway. i didnt do what the book said anyway. But i had a really hard time beaten some bosses like Firkaag when i was only a level 9 fighter.

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I usually worked up like this: Slaver-quest & Liracor; tanner quest; thieves quest; Unseeing eye; Planar Sphere; de Arnise Quest; Trademeet & druids & Genies; Umar Hills and finally Firekraag.

Then I got to sweep out Bohdis rat hole. I think I´t too ambitious to kill dragons that early - it is difficult enough later. Dragon´s be aware: Donaldus the Cavalier is coming soon to kick your ass!

However - you are right toast: When you´ve4 found all the loot, kept the goodies and sold the crap you´re rich and can´t use the money once you are going to Sualndessalar :( Unfortunately the story line around Jon Irenicus is kinda windy too and no match for Sarevoks plot :(

4. toast Gems: 7/31

Concur.

It was getting the Staff of the Woodlands and that elven cape and boots of sneaking that got me. You get to use the best weapon for a druid for all of 1 battle. gee. thanks.
    At least the Black Razor sword made sense to tease you with, even though you don't get to keep it (if you're good).

oh well.

What did you decide to go for next Ragusa?

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Hmm, dunno. Donaldus is just at Waukeens promenade so I will do the circus quest first. But since I´m short of time till the end of next week I´ll probably don´t play at all.
    I also haven´t decided which char to play in my parallel evil game so I can wait a bit.

As for the elven boots and the cape: when my thief got them he was already perfectly stealthy and din´t need them any longer - there is almost no use for stealth once you are in hell :(

6. theholygit Gems: 7/31

I found that realy annoying. when u put the bhaal tears into the slots you got special abilities, but what good are they. you've probably already special items that give you certain saving throws against things, and it is the end of the game, but i guess it could be good coz you get to import the car to the next time you play it round or the new game thats coming up.

7. toast Gems: 7/31

Interesting that the best results when getting all of Bhall's Tears is the evil path... 'cept for losing a party member, you can gain +15hp, +2 con, a great weapon, +2ac, 200,000 xp (and probably another level), +2 str.... versus getting an extra point in wisdom and charisma, and a nifty Pokemon playing card...

8. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

btw u can still ressurect that party member

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.