1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Godsmen

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Dane, Mar 20, 2001.

1. Dane Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Does anyone know what to do if the guy in the forge got mad at you and asked you to leave? Now no one talks to me...they just say "you've been asked to leave". I don't have a recent saved game. Any ideas at all other then starting over? Is there any way at all to make them unmad at me be it in game or cheat?

2. herf Guest

sorry i have no idea what ur talking bout! try talking to the guy who sells u the forge working stuff, what exactly did u do to get this reaction anyway?

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Eh, what'd you do? Kill someone in there? I haven't really experienced this situation before, nor heard of anyone having this problem, so you must have done something really extraordinary.

And as far as I know, there is no way to cheat through it, or get them back to normal, since there are no cheats for Torment. Not the usual kind you get for all Infinity Engine games anyway.

4. Dane Gems: 1/31

Well, you know the guy who gives you the ore? He is the root of my problem. See, I went into the Forge to deliver Guiltspur's (spelling?) note and I started talking to people. I talked to an unnamed forge worker and he said that no one liked the Ore giving guy whos name I cant remember. So after hearing about how awful the guy was from several different forge workers, I went and talked to the ore guy. Mind you all this happend before I knew what importance any of these dudes had. So I started talking to the ore guy and he was going on about how everyone loved him. I was role playing a Neutral Good character so I felt that maybe I should mention to him that no one liked him so maybe he would start being nicer (plus I figured this might be the start of a quest). After informing him of this he got all nasty with me and from that point on no one would talk to me. They simply say, "you were asked to leave, come back later after you have had time to think about following dirrections". Well, I left and did other things, completed every other quest I could up to claiming my receipt with the godsmen for the work my former self had contracted to them. So Im stuck.

Doesnt it strike you guys as odd that one off handed comment that wasnt even threatening could completely stop your progress in the game?

5. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Maybe you can get back at him (if you're feeling chaotic) talk to the leader in the main hall and tell him you want to join- anything else is a spoiler. You can leave later if your allegiance is really elsewhere.

On another note, how do you get the bonus wisdom from Sarossa - I did it before but now she refuses because I denounced her brother. I did that the last time though and nothing happened - what am I doing wrong?

6. Dane Gems: 1/31

Already tried joining them. The leader talks to me but no one else will. In order to join you have to get ore from that guy but he wont speak to me...and neither will the guy that gives the tongs, apron, and hammer

7. Seric Exz Guest

About the wisdom bonus from Sarossa; As long as you tell nobody about her brother, and save her father (and become a Godsman), I never really had any problems with it. Pissing her off might block certain dialogues, though...

I did try to lie to her once...
    It cost me a stat point in a flash, and when (evil) little I tried to smack her for it, my stats basically went out the window...

[This message has been edited by Seric Exz (edited March 21, 2001).]

8. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Right, thanx
    Problem is, I can't see how I can not inform on Saros and call myself lawful good.

9. Seric Exz Guest

Point taken. (I've never been able to stick to Lawful Good myself)
    Another questionable way is to never find out that Saros is an anarchist. (A bit late for that now, I suppose...). I noticed that you don't actually have to really investigate the murder in order to complete that particular subquest. You talk to Saros, who says it was Thildon's awl that was found near the body. You can then go directly to the one that gave you the quest (I don't remember his name), and simply say "Thildon did it". How's that for sloppy policework?
    (All this means that you can become a Godsman without ever finding out that there are anarchist in their midst, and the Saros/Sarossa problem goes away).

Is this a bug in the game, btw? If it's not, then the Godsmen have certainly redefined "reasonable doubt"... I never even asked Thildon about the murder. (I suppose a Lawful Good character with a reasonable amount of INT would want to gather a little more information before pointing fingers, no...?)

10. herf Guest

pickpocket thildon for the ore, you dont have to talk to him, then just go and make the weapon!

11. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Thanks for the help with Sarossa, I've decided just to get on with the rest of the game. btw I was hoping high int would help you with the police work, you know, "you can tell this man is lying" sort of stuff.

12. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

This is another fact about Sarossa. When you first enter Foundry speak to Saros about him and he'll point out that his sister has a special ability.
    After that you can have executed him and still gain WIS+1 from Sarossa as a Godsman.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.