1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

God and BBQ’s

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Splunge, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    God must exist, because how else can we explain BBQ season after a long, cold winter?

So, what is your favourite meal to make on the barbecue? Mine are probably the standards (steak, hamburgers, etc.), but I also enjoy less-traditional fare – salmon, pizza, and so on.

Also – propane or coals? Propane is easier, but coals make it taste so much better.

(OK, so this topic really has nothing to do with God, but I just wanted to add to the number of current topics on the subject. :p )

Let the heated debate begin. :D

2. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

I use propane, because then I'm less likely to set myself on fire (which has happened more than once).

I like burgers, lamb and sausages.

3. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

Thank you Splunge for helping to keep everything in perspective!

Further proof of an All-Loving God...the existence of that picture in your profile :eek: .

4. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

I'm a pork chop man, myself. And steaks - big, thick, juicy, well-seasoned (no steak sauce - it's EVIL), steaks. (Medium - none of that well-done or rare crap for me!)

Propane and coals are fine in a pinch, but I prefer to cook over a nice wood fire in a big "pit" bbq. Mesquite, if at all possible.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Cubed pieces of lamb skewered on a branch of rosemary. Delicious.

6. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

i don't eat food processed through barbaric manner.

7. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Uber-rare steaks dude. I don't know why, but I could eat 'em still alive :)

Propane. No reason really.

8. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I'm with Falstaff on the fuel thing, gotta be wood. Though once I've cut down all the trees within a 100 kilometre radius I guess I'll move to coals.

As for the food, anything meat (including fish), and onion. Preferably a form of chops, steaks or sausages but drumsticks and other boned chicken pieces are fine. Medium-well done of course - just this side of charcoal.

9. people person-i eat people Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

when i go to bbqs i take the usual lamb, steak and maybe pork chops, but i have to have my favourite meat of them all: SAUSAGES mmmmm :)

and yes i use propane

10. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Gotta be charcoal or wood. Anything else is not BBQing, its just cooking on a stove outside.
    Any kind of pork with homemade BBQ sauce.

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

people person - that depends on what sort of sausage it is. Has to be really good ones with some actual meat in them, not cheapo ones full of filling and gristle.

Since moving recently, I now need to start to search for a local butcher who does really good sausages.

12. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Mmmm BBQ! My favorite! Now, let's see. Steaks are a must for BBQ, nice, tender rib-eyes or T-Bones, which have to be medium well. Anything else is way too juicy for me. I also love ribs. Pork or beef, I don't care. And, only my grandmother knows how to make this, but it's boneless beef ribs that she marinates in BBQ sauce and cooks on the stove. Man, to date, it's been the best BBQ I've ever tasted.

13. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

They don't let me play with the BBQ anymore. Damn fire marshals, think they're so high and mighty...

/me starts grumbling

Unsafe usage of fire my flank steak. He wants unsafe fire, I'll show him unsafe fire... :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

14. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I like steaks on the rare side. If it's not half alive, I'm not interested. Sausages are o.k, but I really like pork chops and lamb. mmm.
    As for fuel, I use coals.

15. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I think charcoal tastes better, but I have a gas grill. Charcoal takes too long to get going too.

Splunge, did you say you cook pizza on your grill? Or did I read that wrong? If so :eek:

16. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'm with Sir Bel, charcoal probably tastes better, but my natural gas grill is quicker and easier to to use. No propane for me, those bottles are too much trouble to mess with.

Burgers, steak, pork chops, boneless chicken breasts, and sausages are all good. Usually, we just do burgers and/or chicken breasts.

And pizza???? How do you do that?

17. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Coal, anything else isnt really barbecue. As for what I like to prepare on the grill is a big slab of marinated pork the way to go. A slab of pork the size of a large pizza and a tiny dash of potato sallad makes for a perfect meal.

18. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @ Bel and BigStick:

Yep - pizza! :) A neighbor at our cottage told us about that one. We just buy pre-made, unbaked pizza (surprisingly enough, one of our grocery stores - Sobey's/IGA - makes excellent pizza), place it on one of those disposable aluminum pie plates, punch holes in the pie plate to let the excess oil drip through (do this before you put the pizza on it :D ), and throw it on the grill. Takes anywhere from 20-30 minutes, depending on the size of the pizza and level of heat (don't have it too high, or the crust will burn). Lift the edges every so often to check the outer underside of the crust. It's ready when the crust is lightly brown and the cheese is melted. Delicious, and a nice, slightly crispy crust. :D

So, thus far, people are sticking mostly with the basics. Any other unusual BBQ ideas?

(Oh yeah, on propane vs coal - we use propane in the city, but at the lake, we use charcoal, since we're never in a rush. Oddly, everybody else at the lake uses propane - we get lots of abuse for our insistence on using coal. :D )

(Edit re coal and Rally's comment below: we use an electric coil to heat the coals - I agree that starter fluid is awful.)

[ April 22, 2004, 15:33: Message edited by: Splunge ]

19. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Technically, y'all are talking about GRILLING. While this bastardized usage has become common enough to appear in dictionaries, "Barbecue" refers to the process of slow cooking seasoned meat and finishing it with a sauce (or the edible end product, of course).

Hardwood charcoal makes the best fuel for grilling, followed by propane. Those nasty petroleum-soaked briquettes aren't even on the radar screen. :mad: As for food - yes. Anything tastes better when cooked outdoors. Steaks, chops, sausages, leg o' lamb, turkey, pizza, veggies, fruit...

20. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Soya(soja?) Saucages. Gotta love them. If not that, it would be bread for the saucages. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.