1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Giant Killing

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by GONMAR, Apr 11, 2001.

1. GONMAR Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

what are your favorite monsters..to beat the living p-ss out of!!! For me there's nothing like killing giants...especially with my ranger who despises them.

2. Wingfoot Guest

Well i did enjoy chopping down a Frost Giant or two with my dwarven fighter, but my favorite creatures to take out in IWD were the Cold Wights in Dragons Eye. there is sometihng about the noise they make when they die that i truly enjoyed.

3. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Yep cold wights thats the ones i liked killing the most.

4. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I liked the bit where you get jumped by a whole bunch of Fire Giants - that was a great fight. I think I missed killing giants in BG2 - Dragons are nice but there was something about giants. Still they would have had to have stretched the plot a bit to work giants into the story.

5. GONMAR Gems: 6/31

I agree...nothing like it...my ranger's racial enemy is giants...I just love it when their bodies litter the ground. I like killing Ettins as well.

6. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I don't know, I pretty much like killing everything. :) Trolls are fun, especially if you have a sword with fire damage, but casting fireball or using the flaming oils on them are fun too.

The only thing I didn't like killing were those mushroom men. They kept falling so quickly from my range attacks I actually started feeling sorry for them. Of course that changed the first time my characters failed their save throw to their spore attack, but that happened so rarely.

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I dunno who I liked killing the most, coz they all died in the end right? :p but I HATED those wailing virgins, especially since they'd attack behind a score of drowned dead and cast undying lament. The mournful wail and death knell were kinda irritating too, but nothing beat the undying lament.

8. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Paladins.

9. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I'd say the Wights. I would rest just so more would spawn. Cool sounds when they get hit or when they die, good EXP, and good animations when they try to stomp on you. The Fire giant battle was great, but easily tilted in your favor if you used their stupidity against them. I don't know. I'm playing BG2 right now, and my characters are all at close to IWD middle lvls, like 13, 11, etc., but my IWD characters in my memory were so much tougher, especially the mages and clerics.

10. GONMAR Gems: 6/31

yeah mages, clerics, and druids are much more powerful in IWDHOW...Orkist..long time no see...

GIANTS, GIANTS, AND MORE GIANTS...BRING EM ON

11. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Giants are fun because of the size, but myconids are the supreme! They're an easy slaughter, and they make a funny sound when they are pierced by an arrow or bullet! The worst of all are monsters who are immune to normal weapon damage. Even with 2 mages, in the beginning one has to rest twice to have enough magic missiles to kill them. The worst of all was Yuxunomei. She was ugly too.

Are there any bears to kill in IWD? I can't remember. The ones in BG1 were great!

[This message has been edited by Mollusken (edited April 19, 2001).]

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

there were 3 polar bears and 1 spirit polar bear in HoW that I know of :)

13. [​IMG] Yeah Giants are the best. Just had to chop them all down wherever I saw them.....

14. GONMAR Gems: 6/31

Chop em' down with your dwarven fighter...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.