1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Getting into Vampire Lair

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Heisenberg, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Heisenberg Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Maybe I am just really tired... but I sided with Bodhi thinking I could get Mace of Disruption sooner rather then later. Not sure how to get past the big locked doors it says your hands starts to shake. I looked it up and it said a fellow named Haz would send a Golem to open the door. I can't find Haz though.... is this because I sided with Bodhi?

I just want the mace then I will deal with Bodhi later.

2. Ishad Nha Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Resourceful

He is connected with the Shadow Thieves, I have never sided with Bodhi so I don't know what happens. Infinity Explorer may help here. It is AR0801 or AR0808.

3. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I think if you side with Bodhi, you just enter through the front door.

4. Heisenberg Gems: 5/31

where is this front door you speak of? I am just trying to get into Vamp lair to get Mace of Disruption in the pool of blood. Someone has to know right?

5. Tharlok Gems: 5/31

Veteran

It's up in the left corner - past the grave where a man was buried alive.

6. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Can you get the mace if you side with Bodhi? I am not sure because I think the items you an acquire change depending on who you support. Could be wrong as I don't recall much from siding with Bodhi (did it only once in my hundreds of games I played).

7. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    The items you find in Bodhi's lair are the same whether you side with Bodhi or the Shadow Thieves. But they are no longer available in Chapter 6.

If you side with Bodhi you can not pass the large door into her lair in the crypt area. You have to enter her end of the area through the door in the Graveyard area where she took you when you agreed to side with her. (As an aside, you may want to explore the southern part of the crypts in Chapter 2 or 3 if you side with Bodhi; as they will not be accessible in Chapter 6.)

8. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yes, iirc. I'm not sure how, but I do remember Viconia wielding the Mace of Disruption in the one game I sided with her.

AFAIK, the only difference between siding with Bodhi or siding with the Shadow Thieves item-wise are two magical items: a magical weapon for the former and a pair of magical boots for the latter.

9. Isilion Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

what boots are you refering to?
    and what weapon? the throwing one?

10. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Boots of Speed vs. Throwing Axe +2

11. Isilion Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

boots of speed?
    as far as i know there are only 2 pair in SOA, one in spellhold and one in the planar prison
    i've never received the boots from either the vampires or the thieves. i assume you mean the thieves, because i know the rifthome axe when i side with bodhi.
    where exactly would i find the boots?
    I'm doing a 3-man party right now and still in SOA so a 3rd pair would be very welcome

12. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I believe that Renal Bloodscalp is wearing a pair of boots of speed.

13. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yep, but you can only pickpocket or loot them off him after you've rescued Imoen. Technically you could get 4 in SoA if you have ToB, there is one in Watcher's Keep iirc.

14. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I haven't sided with Bodhi in a while, but I thought you could kill him and get them in the course of siding with her prior to rescuing Imoen.

15. Paracelsi

Media:
    If you join Bodhi, Renal and his group will disappear several moments after you enter his little corner of the Shadow Thief Guildhall. Even if you could catch him then the boots only drop from the version of Renal that appears after you rescue Imoen.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.