1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Getting Imnesvale Quest

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Spelladonna, May 13, 2003.

1. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] :help:

For as many times as I've played this game, I can't believe I did this.

My party (Aerie, Nalia, Imoen) and I (druid) head out to destroy Bodhi for the final time. Everything goes just as it should: Aerie gets kidnapped, Drizzt helps out below, chaos ensues as vampires drop right and left thanks to Nalia (Daystar), Bodhi mocks me in her chamber, I smite her with lots of insects and a few critical hits, and I get Aerie's body.

Knowing I need to head out to the temple ruins to reverse the vampirism, I exit the graveyard district and head out -- only to discover that the temple ruins isn't on my map. I flip through the journal and discover that I never did the quest for Imnesvale (Shade Lord quest). Now I cannot find the kid who would normally stop the party and ask for help. I've played without Minsc before and gotten the quest, so now I'm wondering how to trigger that quest and get Aerie back.

I really do not want to play this whole thing over again if I can avoid it.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

How about the Cowled Wizards? They will ask you to track down old Valygar. Go to his house in town, and IIRC, you'll find data that will point you in the direction of his cabin in Imnesvale. Once you're in Imnesvale, the town meeting should trigger and you'll go see the mayor, get Merella's data, go on north . . . you know the rest.

3. Jurts Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I think that Deparra's advice just might work. I just wanted to add my insensitive MWHAHAHA! about Aerie's predicament... isn't that a lovely way to get rid of her for good...

4. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31

@Depaara
    Thanks. I hadn't thought of that. I don't bother with Valygar all that often unless I run a straight mage. I'll give it a try and let you know. Thanks.

@Jurts
    While I would normally agree with you, it makes it a bit of a challenge to finish the romance w/ her not being around. That and she was the only cleric I recruited for the journey. A druid can only do so much. Besides, she is the only character who has the ability to cast nearly every spell available in the game so I was trying out various spell tactics and combos to see how they fared. It's amazing what she, or any cleric/mage, can do with a chain contingency.

I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out. And thanks again! :thumb:

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Just for the record, I think you find the kid in the square in the government district (I hope that's the right kid).

6. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31

It turns out that speaking to the cowled wizard doesn't point you in the direction of Imnesvale (Umar Hills) because they don't know where he is. The hint about the other cabins other than Marella's is given by Minister Lloyd when he tells you to search her cabin for clues about the murders and he mentions other cabins higher in the hills that have been abandoned for years.

As I was afraid of, I ended up cheating my way there to put things on the right track.

Thanks for the help though. Guess I just need to pay better attention as I go along to make sure it doesn't happen again. That, or make sure I do Umar Hills first.

7. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    The kid Delon is in the government district right next to the fountain. As long as you have a decent reputation (I think 6 or higher) he gives you the quest.

8. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

AAAGHH! Spelladonna, you didn't read my post all the way through. The wizard doesn't know where Valygar is, but he does point you to his house in the Docks district. Investigation there will find you a document that will point you to the Umar Hills (I believe it's the Corthala Tax Notice).

9. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31

:bang: 10,000 apologies. You are correct that I didn't read the post more carefully. Like I said, I don't do the Valygar thing often (I think I've bothered with him twice and only then to get the planar sphere stronghold).

10. Hassassin Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

Another possibility is to get the books from Bodhi's lair, and go visit the monks of Oghma. As far as I remember, I've got 'your world map was updated' message after I talked to them about vampirismus and possible cure. They probably know about the old temple of Amaunator mentioned in the books.

11. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31

So much for my not using player knowledge as opposed to character knowledge. I knew the books were there, so I didn't even bother with them. And like I said, I thought I had already done the Umar Hills quest.

I think I was more angry at myself and went into desperation mode on how to get to the temple.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.