1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Gesen Bow - too late?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Greendragon, Dec 10, 2002.

1. Greendragon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I didn't fight the golems when I did all other stuff at the d'Arnise keep because I didn't have any decent blunt weapons. I tried to go back, but Nalia's new husband(?) won't let me in and the back entrance seems to be sealed up. Am I just tough out of luck or should I just whack the guy? Heh.

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You are out of luck with the stuff that was in the Keep, but that has nothing to do with the Gesen Bow...

3. Jim Babwe Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

You don't get the Gesen Bow shaft from the Golems in d'Arnise, you get the Elven Court Bow +3. It is a nice bow, but not as good as the heatseeker or Mana Bow (both long bows). The gesen bow is the one that needs no ammo (shoots lightning bolts) and you need to get Cromwell to build it for you.

**Minor Spoiler**

I lugged around the Gesen bow shaft for the whole game, then finally got the bow-string from the underdark, but my character dropped the string when given an item later in the game (i.e. the game automatically dropped the bow string for a presumably more important item). I had no chance to pick up the bowstring because it was one of those spots where the game teleports you to a new area at the conclusion of a dialogue, and you have no chance to pick it up. For this reason, Always make sure your protagonist has a couple of empty inventory spots or you may lose items you have worked hard to obtain.

4. Wargon Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I lost a really cool axe the very same way, it took me awhile to figure it out too. Does anyone know the name of the battle axe +2 that returns to your hand automatically ?? Just curious ? Can't remember it , it did have a name though ...

Also, where in the underdark is the string , Im there right now and havent found it just yet , but wouldnt want to miss it ..

Peace

[ December 11, 2002, 01:08: Message edited by: Wargon ]

5. Hardcase Von Crudd Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The Rifthome Axe +3 returns to your hand when you throw it.

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    IIRC, you get the string from the chest in the room with the Golems underneath Spellhold, before the Underdark.

7. Jim Babwe Gems: 3/31

The Gesen bow string is found in the room with the Demon knights in the Kuo-Toa region of the underdark.

8. Aragorn the ranger Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Hmm I'm not sure About that. IIRC the gesen bow string is found in Bodhi's Gauntlet level two in a room with clay golems that attack you if you take the string so If your already in the underdark and don't have it I'm afraid you've missed it :( .

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The Gesen Bow string is not in the Underdark with the Demon Knights. One of the pieces of Crom Faeyr is.

10. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

dmc and Aragorn are correct.

The piece found with the demon knights is the Girdle of Frost Giant Strength, one of the pieces for Crom Faeyr.

11. Sylvan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The Gesen bow string is with the clay golems, but they are on level three not level two ;)

12. Puredarkness Gems: 3/31

it really seems like no one has any clue what the hell they are saying. . . .

13. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    @pureflames - well that was completely unnecessary. The bow string, as was said by several of us, is in the area underneath Spellhold. If you want pinpoint accuracy, so be it (spoilers):

After you're taken prisoner by Irenicus and dumped into the gauntlet under Spellhold and Bodhi does her little speech, you complete that level (both parts), get the shard and the hand, go through the statue on the west side of the first part of the level to get to the next level. Thereafter, you complete as much of that level as you want, making sure you get the portraits that will open the doors in the room just south east of where you first enter the level. From there you follow the passage, kill the wolfweres (or werewolves, I forget which) and keep heading as eastward as possible. You will enter a room with three or so clay golems sitting and waiting for you to have the temerity to take something out of the chest they are guarding. In that chest is, among other things, the Gesen bow string.

Are you sure that we don't know what we're talking about? Maybe we just are trying to give as much info as possible without throwing out a dozen or so spoilers like in this reply.

[ December 12, 2002, 22:16: Message edited by: dmc ]

14. Jim Babwe Gems: 3/31

I stand corrected. Sorry for the incorrectness and thanks for correcting me. It will save me the confusion next time through.

15. Greendragon Gems: 1/31

Thanks for the help all. I'm glad to hear I haven't missed out on the Gesen bow string. I guess I'll keep lugging around the shaft until then.

And I'll be sure my char has a spare inventory slot or two. Thanks for the heads up on that.

16. Tronak el Karbaro Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I found a solution to that becoming Nalia's new Husband(I was a Fighter/Thief dual class) and settling D'arnise as my headquarters. Have you tried to become Nalia's husband? It allows you to finish your Stronghold Quest, if you're a fighter and to have an additional source of income.

17. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] You can't be Nalia's husband in the original SoA. You just rule her Keep for her. Maybe in some mods, you can be her husband, but not in the original. Nope.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.