1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

German Cannibal

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Mystra's Chosen, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

2. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Heard that on the radio today man, he killed the bloke and then ate him and all he got was 8 years, he will only do 6 ;x He said it was a child hood fantasy or something, total nutter ;d

3. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

If I'm not mistaken, he took advantage of a gap of the german legislation and that's why he avoided the life in prison sentence.

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I actually think he got the right verdict, the victim was in on it and wanted it, thus I wouldnt call it murder. It is manslaughter and that is what he got convicted for. In a way this is not that different from the euthanesia we have discussed before, for completely different reasons but basically the same.

Otherwise this is yet another piece of evidence that humanity comes in all shapes, sizes and forms. There are plenty of grade A nutcases out there.

5. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] This is revolting

The fact that this man received a slap on the wrist is truly sad.

This act was a clear-cut example of premeditated murder, and in the United States he would probably be facing lethal injection.

The man who answered the ad may have been schizophrenic or chronically depressed. This does little to justify the act.

I hope that he doesn't survive prison.

6. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

joacqin...

I'd put this guy away just because somebody who eats someone else obviously is not above anything else. If he killed someone and consumed him, it wouldn't be hard for him to commit other heinous crimes.

7. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Frankly I don't know who was more crazy... the cannibal or the man he ate.

Then again I don't see why he should be punished at all. Obviously the guy he ate had mental problems and he probably 'saved' the German Government a few thousand dollars that would have to be spent on the nutter he ate.

If the man he ate killed HIMSELF then the cannibal ate him would the cannibal be charged with any crime at all?

8. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

No, but unless they were starving on an island I'm sure he would be committed.

9. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

This is a really wierd situation. And to be honest, I'm not even remotely fascinated or interested in it. Do the trial, do a psychoanalysis, and make the call.

Canabalism isn't anything new. And it's not quite obsolete just yet, Dr. Livingstone.

10. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

A little bit of clarification:

There is no law against cannibalism here. I think no one expected such a thing happening in a 'civilized' society.

The judges decided not to follow the demands of either the lawyer (who pleaded for 'killing on demand' with a maximum of 5 years prison) or the attorny (His plead was 'murder out of lowly (sp?) motives' i.e. sexual satisfaction).

The judges were not convinced by the attorny because they decided that there was no evident sexual component in committing the crime. That came later, when the perpetrator watched the tape he made.
    I don't know why the judges did not follow the lawyers demand.

The whole story is rather weird and disgusting.

As for the part of an mental illness of the victim, I think that was considered. I did not follow the story thoroughly, but IIRC the victim was rather stable. And I think that chronic depressions do not harm the ability to make a choice.

11. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I, in my radical view, say let him free and let him eat as many people who want to be eaten.

Less psychos to worry about.

12. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Apeman et al, in democratic societies laws exist not only to promote the doctrine of "your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins," but also to delineate what is acceptable or unacceptable in a given societal dynamic. Clearly Germany doesn't want to countenance voluntary murder/cannibalism. But by giving him a light sentence, they are essentially saying that although it's not 'officially' permitted, no one (other than the national and international media) are going to mind so much if a couple twisted freaks want to engage in their murder/masochist fantasies. I suspect that the sentence was as harsh as it was only because Germany didn't want to appear as though it thought this sort of thing were okay.

But I'm a little pissed at the moment, and my normally considered replies to AODA threads are currently drowning in a sea of preservatrol, so pay me no mind if you've no mind...

13. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Apeman I agree completely.

"Where's my fork'n knife?"
    "In the fork'n drawer!"

14. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] Personally I think he should fry (the pun WAS intended :D )

Seriously, I think that bloody bastard deserves a swift kick in the groin, and a life-sentence.

And to the guy who wanted to be eaten, I can only say: "Good riddance"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.