1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Geek test

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by kemanmaldea, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Anyone saying he stands a mighty 6'1 and is dasinghly handsome on a roleplaying forum board is per definition a geek. :shake:

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Wow - 19.32939%, not as bad as I thought it would be given that I used to program on a mainframe at 110 baud before there were monitors (boy did we go through a lot of paper back then) and introduced all of my friends to PnP D&D back when first edition was still cool.

3. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I was just 19.3%, plain geek, nothing less, nothing more.

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I'm 6'5'' and I'm being told to be handsome. Not that I'm not a geek, but these two things are completely separate and independent ;)

5. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

20.71% ...WOW...that's higher than I expected.

I knew I should have lied about my They Might Be Giants CD collection!

Now if you will excuse me I have catalogue the various minerals and strata of my back yard...

6. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

32.whatever% for me, total geek. I am surprised, all my freinds say that I am the only atheletic (used to be anyway) geek they know. Glad that I didn't score any higher or else I would have to do something drastic to prove to myself that I am not a major geek, or god forbid a super geek! :p ;)

7. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    [​IMG] 10.65089% - Geekish Tendencies

What's a fanny pack? :( Or shouldn't I ask? :confused:

8. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

5.91716% - Poser

I think some cultural differences or plain inaptitude to understand English have probably caused an about ~20% or so wrong result.

9. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

7.10059% - Poser :p :cool:

10. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

30.76923% - Total Geek

That's me! :) :tie: :borg:

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] 27 or so

okay, I'm a total geek.

12. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

In answer to Shell's question a fanny pack is a small pouch built into a belt. I have mostly seen them worn by serious hikers, bikers and joggers so I really don't know why they would be a sign of geekiness (unless they are being used to store the severed chicken heads ;) ). If you still don't know what I am talking about here is a website where they are being sold.

http://www.wtcinc.org/fanny.htm

Personally, I want to know what exactly the SCA is and I will second Sir Bel's question about who is Jeanine Salla?

13. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31

I would say the number of posts made here at SP is a fairly good indicator of geekdom.

I think joke T-Shirts are NEVER funny and always the exclusive domain of geeks.

14. Nick The Friendly Goth Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I got a 1... hehe.

15. Vengeance Incarnate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I got 7.29783%-poser. Kind of weird even though I put that I liked logic games and solve physics in my head.

16. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    SCA stands for the Society for Creative Anachronism. They're a group of people who re-create medieval life, right down to housekeeping and hygiene. Check here. I've attended one gathering but never participated. Renfaires are more fun because the particpants don't take them as seriously.

17. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31

People who recreate the Civil War scare me.

18. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

15.779%
    Some of those things listed I don't consider geeky though.

And who wouldn't own a "multi-sided dice"? I know what they are intending, but isn't a regular 6-sided dice considered "multi-sided"?

(And yes, I checked the box about correcting grammar mistakes by other people :D )

19. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    14.2% Thought it would be a lot higher since my moniker as from a Monty Python sketch :hahaerr:

20. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

7.88955% - Poser

Well, this result is quite near truth, I think.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.