1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Gaming Suggestions for PS2

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Elios, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I'm looking to get some new games. After buying (and almost immediately selling them back) several titles, I've decided to seek some advice from some fellow gamers.
    That games I have in my collection, and will most likely stay there, are:
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    Madden 2003, NHL 2002, MVP Baseball 2003, NCAA Football 2003, and Rugby all by EA Sports
    Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty
    Max Payne
    Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
    Factors that are important to me are replayability. There is nothing I hate more than playing a game and beating and not really finding the game exciting the second time through, for example, Medal of Honor.
    Graphics and sound are big too.
    As for what type of game? Well, any genre is fine as long as the game play is good. I still get hooked on tetris.
    So, I'm curious as to what YOU found to be a good game. I have a Blockbuster Video right down the block and a lot of rental coupons, so I intend to try first before I buy. Just give me your suggestions.

2. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Final fantasy X, not the best ff game. but still its a damn good game, if you like rpg's that is.the story is good and the ending is perfect. plus the graphic is great.

3. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Try Tiger woods pga tour 2004, i have it on the PC and it ownz :)

4. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Devil May Cry 1 is probably the best game made to PS2 ever.
    DMC 2 is not as good, but still a good game.

Dont buy Rygar, even though it was a great game to the NES. Soul Reaver 2 was a dissapointment aswell. Hmm...

Holdon, I´ll just go check my collection and see if I have more tips.

Well, FF X has been suggested and my other games are in your "Keep List". So buy DMC1 and try it out.

5. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I find that the Grand Turismo for its replay value. Other than that I've yet to find a PS2 game that I can play for more than a few hours and not get bored.

6. Neriana Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

If you really want any type of game, check out Disgaea. This is a game that can take you HUNDREDS of hours, if you so choose, so replayability's not an issue. But only get it if you really like strategy games. And if you do really like strategy games, get it NOW.

If you didn't play Valkyrie Profile for the PS1, I recommend it above anything else, if you can find it. It has the best gameplay in a console RPG ever, and it's extremely replayable. The "normal" and "hard" modes really are almost totally different. I've finished it four times, and I hardly ever finish a game more than once.

7. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Silent Hill 2!

If you want to be scared in the middle of the night, great story and good graphics.

8. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

tony hawk series (try out underground)
    socom 2 with broadband converter

thats all i can think of the moment

9. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The Onimusha games are great. Fairly short, but visually stunning and the story is very interesting. There's a lot more meat in Part 2, but Part 1 is worth renting and beating over a weekend. Part 2 is longer, offers a bit more roleplay variety, and gives you several playable characters (there's only one extra in the first). If you like martial arts and games with an destinct historical and Asian feel, you'll like the Onimusha games. The animations are flawless, combat is fun as hell, and there are some parts of the game (like standing next to a river or ocean) you'd swear you were watching a live video. The graphics are THAT good.

10. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    So far the only PS2 game that got me too interested was Guilty Gear X2 - of the Street Fighter genre (though comparing Street Fighter with GGX2 is like comparing a dinosaur with a human being).
    I guess I was rather disappointed with all the RPG's (especially Final Fantasies - if only FF7 had the same quality as FF10).

11. Muskstick Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Teenagers and disposable incomes dont mix very well so i have a large collection. For RPG's id recommend Dark Chronicle, very immersive, Absolutely loved the pants off Prince of Persia, although the rewind button does make it a bit easy. Omega Boost is an all time fav for whenever you crave a bit of epileptic inducing space mech combat. The entire GTA series is fantastic, already been mentioned but most of the final fantasy games can take weeks to finish. Tomb Raider's greatas well as Primal, Splinter Cell was good the first time but not much to it second time around. Im getting bored now so ill leave u to it. :D

12. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Well a small suggestion would be Deus Ex. I bought it for the PC but found the PS2 version better.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.