1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Game... crashing... urk...

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by aerilon, Aug 20, 2002.

1. aerilon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I had been playing IWD, and then a new game I bought recently, to vary things so I wouldn't get bored. I came back to BG2 with TOB installed just this morning. I started a new character. Started a new game. When I went to leave Irenicus' dungeon, the game just crashed. No error message, nothing, the game just disappeared and left me at the desktop.

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I think a simular problem was reported when Waukeens Promanade wasn't working and it had something to do with the CD

3. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

What OS are you using?

[EDIT]I was beaten by a few seconds? Well, anyway, there are other causes for the problem.[/EDIT]

[ August 20, 2002, 18:26: Message edited by: Rastor ]

4. aerilon Gems: 3/31

I'm using Windows ME.

5. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Is it patched?

6. aerilon Gems: 3/31

I don't think I've ever patched windows, but the game is patched.

7. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

There have been bugs running IE games on Windows ME (no idea why, as it's just a stripped version of 98). One of those could be the source of your problem. I think Ex did a post a while back explaining that stuff, please correct me if I'm wrong.

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

No, I've never said that there is any problem on WinME. The most problems (crashing and all other varieties) were on WinXP and in some occasions on Win2K (game installation and so called "character appears busy" bug).

My advice - delete every single file within these three BG2 subfolders (don't delete subfolders, just the possible contents):
    cache
    temp
    tempsave

Then try to get on Waukeen's Promenade.

If this fails, your only hope is reinstallation of the game.

9. aerilon Gems: 3/31

Actually, I started another new game, and this time it let me out of Irenicus' dungeon fine. I don't know why it wouldn't let me out before and will now, but at least it's fixed.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.