1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

G-20 Summit in Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by starfox64, Sep 24, 2009.

1. starfox64 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] Well, the whole city is shut down and I'm off from work. The kids are off from school. I feel bad for all those poor wretches that actuallly have to try to get into downtown Pittsburgh today. Every news channel is reporting their own G-20 Summit "news".
    It's been like this for weeks though. Nobody knew what the heck was even going on for the G-20 Summit until about 2 weeks ago. Then they kept adding things that were closed. Streets that were closed. It was ridiculous and poorly planned. It was the same with work though. We didn't know what was going to happen until late last week. Oh well, I'm just going to hide in my house for the next few days until this blows over.

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Huh, I remember when Clinton was in Cologne to a G7 summit. Silly Americans wanted to see the Deutz railway bridge closed, a central bottleneck in Germany's railway system that approximately funnels only a couple hundreds of thousand commuters a day on grounds that it was too close to his hotel. Their wish was not granted. They also wanted to reserve a popular restaurant, the Lommersheim, for him, also based on security grounds, but Lommersheim, the owner, renowned for his swift service and sullen demeanour, refused, saying: 'He can come when I have opened'. Quite a character :D

I came from work that day, and had forgotten my office badge on my shirt and entered the old town strolling towards main station. I had already passed several security points when I was eventually stopped and sent back, because they had actually closed off old town that day. They were really upset that they were the first to control me :D I must have looked quite official. Thinking of it, judging by their reputation, US cops would probably have tasered me first and then tried to find out what I was up to. :p

The summit was a nuisance and everybody was happy when they were gone.

3. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    Sheesh, I can understand why. Why do they hold those things in major cities instead of secluded mountain retreats? I would think the security would be way better.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.