1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Funny moments

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Jesper898, May 9, 2003.

1. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Have you had something funny happen to you during the course of the game?

Just a few moments ago I finished the Planar Sphere quest and I carried LAvok out to let him see the sun one last time.

Just as I exited the planar sphere the sun went down and it became night :p

Well I thought it was pretty funny :p

2. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Yeah were in Irenucus dungeon and Imoen just stops whinig how horrible all that is and the next second merrily comments: Time to go?

And Aerie beats everything.
    Last time i had her in my party she said: "I never imagined we would be doing such great things". And we were in Asylum just when Irenicus was killing sacrifical shadow thieves.
    Great background :rolleyes:

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Fighting the Ravager in the Pocket Plane when Imoen pipes up "Minsc, I want a hamster too."

4. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

This was just weird, but I was fighting the cowled mage in Brinlaw (cannot remember the name) And I managed to kill him. And he burst into chunks of fleshy yuckiness.

However, one of the chunks of flechy yuckiness didn't disappear, and kept bouncing around. Now, that was funny. Not so funny is when it starts casting spells at you as though its still alive.

I had to dash in, pick up the rune, and dash out again.

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

During a tough battle, Imoen was about to die, when my main character died. So, I heard her help line "I could really use a hand here." against the PC death screen. If you can picture that screen, you'll get this.

6. Mediv Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I starta conversation with someone and Minsc shouts "Swords, not words!"

7. Jurts Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Happens to me a lot of times, I think some sort of bug with Mislead spell. I had it with some mage in underdark, Revillin Strathi, I believe - it happens to him most of the time. Funny, but I always choose to reload...

8. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I got another one :p

After a tough battle with Demogorgon I manage to kill him, Sarevok gets confused though, he walks over to my char, attacks him, and guess what?

WHACK !

Deathbringer assault !

and then I have to reload.

:p

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] in the radient heart building
    Anomen: Pah! A base pool of corruption.

Oh and after Edwins' little accident. After s/he got changed back to his masculine form before the wizard has a chance to say anything:
    Viconia: Alleys tell dark secrets of a certain red wizard, Edwin, are they true?
    Edwin: This thayvians blood is as red as his cloak, Viconia, and many a tiem havea left a concubine gasping under my erotic onslaught.

something like that anyway.

10. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, after Edwin undergoes a sex change.

Jaheira teases him not once but twice. The second time:

Jaheira: "In nature all things are balanced. Perhaps things are now as they should be."
    Edwina: "As a druid, you must know that my transformation was most unnatural."
    Jaheira: "Perhaps, though you never did strike me as particularly manly. Maybe nature has just been slower in this regard."

OUCH!!!

But, mere seconds after that exchange, Edwina yells out "Stop looking at me!". The sound of it is just so hilarious. I cannot help but think Jaheira was still digging in her needles with a smirk or a smug grin. LOL!

11. Vedran Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Location: Ust Natha
    Korgan says: "An' they think to call this 'civilization'. Blasted bloody humans..."
    Viconia says: "The stink of the collected rivvin...how I despise them all." :D
    (rivvin=humans)

12. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I remember Aerie shouting out "I never knew we'd be doing such great things" a second before an iron golem stamped her into the ground.

And when I freed some children from the slave compound, Nalia complained that we weren't helping the less fortunate.

13. Jurts Gems: 7/31

Those two were great, dshadow :)

I absolutely adore Jaheira's "Nature could find a way here if it were properly cleansed and balanced..." - especially when she says that in... Hell. Must be some weird druid thing, me guesses... :D

14. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] I was in the middle of a fight when Aerie started her babbling and after a while(in the same fight) Jan was trying to steal Boo.

15. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] I think the funniest moment for me happened in the Underdark.

I just gave 100 gold pieces to the slave pit master on the second floor of the tavern. The poor slave walks out, steps on the rune and bursts into pieces. (causing a loss of 1 reputation point)

Imoen chimes in: "Now I remember why travelling with you was always so fun!"

Geez, I can definitely see the Bhaal essence in her! :)

16. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    The thing I like the most is the three adventurers you send out to kill a few gauths in Abazigal's dungeon. They actully think a low level magic missile can wipe out an entire party?!?!?! Good thing they can reload the game! ;) :D :rolling:

17. Vedran Gems: 4/31

[​IMG] I wonder how they can even defeat those Gauths and Beholders!

18. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I have another slave pit one. I kept paying the 100 gold and as my reputation went down, Keldorn and Aerie kept saying that they approved of the way things were going.

19. 14 Gems: 4/31

This maybe not funny. I just realised that all your three girlfriends are elfs. So if you are a human, your children can only be half-elf, not a very good race. Can't be paladins, monks etc any more.

20. Jurts Gems: 7/31

Not sure why you think that half-elf's are bad race, though. They are the most versatile race and imho, the most handsome race as well... I love their broad range of available multiclasses as well. Most of the time I play as a half-elf and I always romance a half-elf too...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.